Thursday 4 June 2020

Day 78 - Blizzard Beach

I ended up watching 2 Killing Eve episodes in bed and then tried to read my book but just fell asleep instead.  It was a nice relaxing evening.

We had a slight problem with the tiles in our kitchen.  They have been coming loose for a while now and I wanted to update the landlord with how bad it had become and obviously I just made it all worse!


He quickly organised for someone to come round to fix it all for us.  It was very strange, having a stranger in our house, whistling, chatting, drinking tea and using the toilet.  It actually just pissed me off a bit more as I thought if he can come in, then why can't people I actually want to can't!?  I know the answer to this clearly.  I think that is something that is annoying me is that having to wait for the stuff you want to come back.  It's all pretty petty though when I think about what others are going through.  It's not exactly a great hardship to stay at home. 




It's also occurred to me today just how long Ellis and Oscar will be home from school.  They won't be going back until September, another 3 months which will mean 6 months of being at home.  Half a year! 😂. Again it's not a hardship really, we have a nice home, areas locally to go to, they can see friends and family socially distanced, they have lots of things to keep them entertained etc but it's just strange.


Ooh you can tell I'm in a woe is me mood.  Someone get the violins out.


Anyway, once he had left I spent a good chunk of the day cleaning.  I even deep cleaned the toaster.

I lost my rag with the boys over their lack of motivation for school work and how tricky it makes it if they flop about moaning rather than just trying to do it together.  I pressed the pause button, eventually, and walked off.  When I came back Ellis was sitting with Oscar going through is work with him and he ended up doing really well.  👏 Think I might lose it more often!🤔

Leo is still enjoying being back at school and the 2 days on, 1 day off is great for him!  For PE today they had him doing sprints up and down.  He's going to feel that tomorrow.😬

More cleaning and tidying for the rest of the day and it was the usual routine for the afternoon and even the evening really.  I spent it doing not very much, going to bed way too late and not doing anything in particular.

So in Florida today we went to Blizzard Beach for more slides and swimming.  We had a brilliant day and I think the water parks are our preferred place to be. 😊💦. Followed by a McDonalds we were all happy campers 😋😋












Friday already tomorrow.  This week has flown by!  I think with Leo home on a Wednesday it breaks it up a bit.  Rob was home Wednesday too but has been in the office for the rest of the week and I didn't even see him for 2 evenings as he came home after I was asleep.  He was home in time for dinner today though and I should imagine he won't be too late on a Friday night but you never know.  I only know when he sends me his location on Google Maps that he is on the journey back.😊

I'm looking forward to getting back to being a bit more positive, I am grateful that we continue to stay safe and well.😍

No clapping tonight as that has stopped after 10 weeks.  We are still very grateful for all the key workers who have and continue to fight the good fight and keep this country going! 💙👏

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails