Monday 29 June 2020

Day 103 - Fly by

What actually happened to today!? One minute it's 9:30 am and I'm just starting school work with the boys and the next thing I know it's gone 5pm and everyone is moaning for dinner! I think I must of just slept through it 🤷


I was up early and Oscar was already downstairs as he kept waking up from having bad dreams and decided to just get on with his day.  I did my run, the ironing, dishwasher, fed everyone, cleared up, did 2 loads of washing, spoke to Mum, Joe Wicks workout and then started school work with Oscar, all before 9:35am 😅😅


I pretty much stayed motivated like that all day.  I stripped the beds, tidied the boys rooms and cleaned them all, went through Ellis' wardrobe, used stain remover on some spots on the carpet and sorted out lots of clothes.  Still hardly looks like I've touched the place though!  The house could do with a declutter really and I'll try and start to do that soon.


I was surprised to find out today that Ellis' school week finishes on Thursday! He usually finishes before the other two but I thought I had already checked his term dates but I got it wrong.  He was so excited that he couldn't stop bloody singing, humming, making silly noises and banging the desk! He was driving me nuts!


The day went smoothly and quickly and I felt productive which was good and it always makes me happy putting the boys to bed when everything is all clean and tidy.  Leo hates it.  He much prefers to have litter on the floor, bedding everywhere and his pillows must smell of dribble and sweat or he isn't happy.  I've also told him we have to go through his boxes of stuff to get rid of some things.  He is a bit of a collector. 


I love how the boys are all so different with so many things.  It does make it tricky at times but they are definitely very unique individuals.  Oscar doesn't like to keep hold of anything and throws away certificates, old pictures, school books etc, Leo keeps literally everything he has ever found, stones, precious gems, bits of paper, rings from cans, dirty old coins, bits of string and anything else you can think of.   This morning I found an empty yogurt pot and spoon under his bed.  Ellis likes to keep things you would normally expect like certificates he has earned, photos he likes, little keep sakes from holidays and gifts from people.


Rob was in the office today but as I said yesterday I think it was we tidied up the study a bit so that he wasn't sitting surrounded by junk.  He also ordered some brackets to hold his screens up etc and it's looking better already.  I still want to get him some plants and pictures to go around him.


How sad is it that I'm excited that the charity bags are being collected tomorrow.  I was worried about the charity shops opening and being over run with donations that they wouldn't be able to take mine but I had a bag though the door which said it would collect anything so yay, 4 black bags going out tomorrow! 👍👏

It's nearly midnight and I can hear Oscar talking in his sleep.  It's usually about gaming or his brothers being mean to him.  Bless him. 💙


Right I am done in and I'll soon be getting up again!  I have to take Rob's mum to the doctors tomorrow.  I have a mask ready but not sure if she will need one too but we don't have one so will have to see how we go.  Going to be very strange having her in the car.   She hasn't left the house for weeks and weeks though so the main worry is if I was to pass anything on to her.  I'll be very careful and hopefully it will go smoothly. 🤞


Highlights from today are Ellis getting caught up by 3 lessons, Oscar telling me that if he ever has a daughter he will name her after me, having a good tidy up and clean of the boys rooms and watched the end of Line of Duty which was good.


Bucket list entries today are...

16. Take a piano exam
17. Learn to sew
18. Grow my own vegetables
19. Grow some fruit
20. Go for some singing lessons

That's all folks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails