Sunday 21 June 2020

Day 95 - Fathers Day

I didn't have my alarm set and managed to lie in until nearly 8:30am which is pretty good for me these days. 


Leo was already up and luckily I managed to get his breakfast sorted before he started on the Wotzits.


Rob didn't come to bed until nearly 4am as he was up watching the UFC so I knew he would need a lie in.  I hung some washing out, did my nails again and then started a new book.  I think I'm finding the The Chimp Paradox a bit heavy at the moment so I'm going to try and mix it up a bit.  My next book is Stay Close by Harlan Coben and I'm about 20 pages in and already hooked so that's great.


Breakfast in bed for Daddy with presents and a card and then me and the boys had an early lunch before I got them dressed and in the car eventually.  God it's a struggle to get them out the house.  You'd think they would of had enough of being at home but nope, they don't want to leave their nest.

First stop was Nanna and Grumps.  It was a bit chilly and we got rained on a little bit but it was still a nice long visit.  Ellis sat with us talking and Leo and Oscar ran around and jumped about pretending to be doing parkour off of high up buildings.  They had a really good time.  Grumps was really chuffed with his gift which was a 1000 piece puzzle of our picture together.


Then we moved on to Nanny and Grandad.  We went around the back and sat in the back garden.  The boys enjoyed the water feature, the bowls of sweets, cans of coke, bars of chocolate and packets of crisps 😱. We had a lovely time and we were very lucky with the weather.  My Mum is such a feeder and if you don't say yes to having something when she asks, she won't stop asking!






Mum had to send me a picture of Dad as I didn't get one.

Once home I sorted dinner for everyone and then I just knew I needed to get out.  I said bye and off I went.  I didn't stroll, I marched and marched to my field with the fallen down tree.  I haven't been there for months and it was the best decision.  I marched all the way to my favourite spot, put my jacket down on the ground and just chilled.  I felt the grass, listened to and watched the birds, enjoyed the warmth from the sun on my face and just looked at the clouds making shapes in the sky.  I think maybe I should start doing that a bit more often if the weather is okay.


I also made some new friends.  They startled me to start with but they were very calm and didn't seem bothered at all.  I wasn't worried and had a quick chat with them before I started to head home.  I love cows.🐄


On my way home I saw the lovely Young family.  We had a quick catch up where you have that reassuring conversation that everyone is experiencing the same things with regards to families and home schooling and trying to make sense of it all.  Knowing that others are in the same boat is reassuring as sometimes when in your bubble you can think that it's just you.  Really nice to see them and hopefully we can have a socially distanced cuppa soon x

Got home in time to put boys to bed.  Oscar was exactly the same again tonight, crying about dying and asking the same questions on repeat.  He listened to a sleep story on his iPad which seemed to help so going to try and make that a routine thing too.  Leo was sneaky and had his phone quite late in his room and as I type this I have a funny feeling that Ellis is still up with his lights on.  I'd better go and check.


Rob and I are currently sitting in bed, both with laptops on our laps, Rob is working, I'm blogging but about to read my book for a bit.  My eyes are already sleepy though so I don't know how long I'll last.


Monday again already! Rob is home and has a lot of work calls tomorrow so going to have to keep the boys quiet.  Luckily only have 2 of them.  It's going to be hot, hot, hot next week so I'm not sure if I need to go out even earlier for my jog or not.  I'll try usual time tomorrow and see how it goes.


I don't really know what is going on with easing of lockdown.  There isn't exactly anything I can do about it all anyway and if Boris suddenly said you can visit your parents now, I'm not sure how that would change things for me as the risk is still there, nothing has really changed has it? 🤷


Highlights from today are seeing the oldies, watching the boys play outside (they got sunburnt 😬) Rob enjoying his roast, my lush walk 💚


I know Fathers Day for some is very tricky and can be quite a sad occasion so sending love and hugs to anyone who needs an extra special one today xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails