Tuesday 16 June 2020

Day 90 - Sea World

Usual start to the day, nothing new happened.  I tried to get Leo ready earlier but we still ended up running late and had to march to the school.  It was so hot! I was sweating on my early run, then JW I was sweating again, then just sitting down I was sweating again! Had to have more than one shower in the end!


Couldn't get hold of Ma and Pa so went home to feed the other 3 and do JW.  From next week he is going down to 3 days so I might just do one of his old ones on the days he is stopping.  


Oscar still isn't himself right now but I'm working on it.  He wanted to not do school work today and just flop on the sofa, but I actually think that was a bad idea so got him to the table and he worked really well and seemed proud of what he had achieved which is great.


During break I had my shower and we finished off work before lunch.  God even I'm bored of typing out the same stuff every day. πŸ˜•


Ellis is still really trying me with all of his school work.  He just doesn't read anything and does the bare minimum.  It's so frustrating.  Tomorrow I'm going to have all 3 home needing my attention at various points but I have to sit with Ellis before every lesson to go through what he needs to do and spell it out simply and then will have to check that he's achieved this at the end.  It's exhausting, but I'm not giving up!


I bought one of these for Oscar and I'm going to sit with him every evening and go through it with him.  It seems such a simple little thing to do and I really hope it helps him.  To be honest it's probably something I should be practicing too and I'll add it to my list of things to do. 😬. Doing it with him tonight was lush.  He was so sweet and excited about it.  He said to me "when you're 70 and I have kids, I'm going to buy them a journal and say that you bought me one when I was a kid too." πŸ’•


Don't know if you noticed but I had fun on SnapChat today.  I did all the filters.😊


This afternoon the lovely Lou came over for a cuppa in the garden.  It was so hot and sunny that Rob put the parasol up for us to get some shade.  We talked for ages and time passed quickly, before we knew it, 2 hours had gone by!  It was so nice to have a good catch up with everything that has been going on.


This evening we had a Zoom meeting with Leo's Headmaster, Head of Year, Assistant Head of Year and other parents from the year group.  It was quite long and we had heard most of the information before but it was good to see some faces that we will eventually be standing pitch side with. 🀞


That's it for present day.  I've been blogging this evening and updating my running playlist on Spotify.  Planning a longer run tomorrow as Leo doesn't need to be in early and I'll probably have a break from JW. πŸ€” Think Rob is working and chilling in the study.


Sea World today.



First stop was the dolphin show.  We got in there late so we were right at the back and it had actually started but that didn't matter.




Stingray pool was awesome!  Oscar fed them but we couldn't convince Leo to do it, he was just too nervous.







It was a beautiful, hot Florida day, but we knew it wasn't going to last as it hadn't for any day of the holiday apart from our first day.



Sea lion show was quite funny but too long.







We sat in the shed that had air conditioning on to eat our sandwiches.




I loved the penguins.








Shark tunnel.


So it rained, it poured and due to lightning all the rides stopped.  We used the opportunity to start for some food and a rest and eventually they opened some kids rides.





The storm passed in time for us to see the killer whale show.  Rob and Leo wanted to sit in the splash zone.  I remember doing this as a kid so clearly.












We then went on to see lots of animals.





Well Ellis and I love rollercoasters and Sea World has plenty to choose from and we did them all but the most memorable was Mako.  You can see it here.  I have never been on a coaster like it.  The first drop and I was already swearing and this became Ellis' lasting memory of the holiday πŸ˜‚. I would do it again obviously but it was horrific. πŸ˜ƒ

After some dinner we went back to see the killer whale show again and this time Oscar and Leo sat in the splash zone and got soaked!






The best for lastπŸ’¦




On the way out the park the Kraken ride had a smaller queue.  Today was the first day they were trying out the ride while wearing a VR headset and you had to book a space in the queue and it was full all day! So you do the rollercoaster, which is mental, but you wear a VR and see this while doing it.  We had to convince Ellis to do it but we finally managed it.  Turned out to be a very, very long wait as the ride before us got stuck at the top.  I'm pretty sure Rob videoed us going up don't know where it is.  I felt bad for the others who were all ready to go home.  It was a brilliant ride and very different from any coaster I'd been on before.

I'm definitely missing videos and pictures though.  In the morning we went on this boat ride with a drop and Mum didn't want to do it and she videoed us coming down the drop and took pictures of us all wet at the bottom.  Have no idea where they've gone 🀷. Will check it out tomorrow, well today as it's already tomorrow, I mean today.  It's Wednesday. πŸ˜‚

Highlights for today (yesterday πŸ˜‰) were seeing Lou for 2 hours, Rob and Oscar throwing a ball around in the garden, Oscar finding a new friend (pic below), doing the Happy Self Journal with Oscar, Ellis actually handing me his iPad at bedtime (this has never happened!) and I got through another day without losing my shit, shaving my head Britney Spears style and running away to hide. πŸ‘. Less than 7 hours before it starts again 😱😳😴


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails