Wednesday 17 June 2020

Day 91 - Kennedy Space Center

It has felt like a very long day today.   It has had ups and downs and I'm feeling rather sleepy and it isn't even 10:30pm yet.  I'll try and keep it brief.


Wednesday is the day that Leo is home so things are a bit different from the other week days.  I get to go for a longer run as have a bit more time, I don't do JW workout and Oscar has a teams meeting with his teachers and a few class mates.


I never know if Rob will be home or not but realised at 9am that he was missing his morning call with his colleagues so woke him up just before I showered.


I sat with Ellis and went through all his lessons for the day and worked out exactly what he had to do.  I started Leo off with a few things lined up so that Oscar can do his call in peace.  Leo seems to think that Wednesday is a day off and never wants to do any school work.  I managed to get a few bits done and he got 100% on his literacy work today.  Lots of praise and high fives for that.  Oscar later got 100% too so celebrating all around 😊


Something else to celebrate was getting our first McDonalds in over a quarter of a year!


My Lucy came up for a visit today which was lush.  We sat in the garden with the rain spitting on our heads but it was fine.  Was really good to hear a bit more about what was going on with Shauna's college entry, how my Ash is doing and having a longer conversation with Lucy than we normally have by typing over Whatsapp.  I really don't know where the time goes though as I haven't seen Lucy in the flesh for weeks!


That also goes for Kelly with a Pug.  After we got home from picking up some netball kit for me (which is huge!) and grabbing a Mcs, she said about going to the park for a bit.  At the time the sun was shining and I thought it would be a great idea to get Oscar out with a friend as I think this will definitely help him. She also pointed out that it had been 3 weeks since we last met up.  I would have said I saw her last week!


Then it started to rain a bit.  Then a bit more, then a full on rain storm!  We hid under some trees for a while until it eased off and then we headed home.  I went back to check on Ellis and Leo, Oscar went to Kelly's house and I joined them a bit later.  We sat in her gazebo (more like a marquee) in the garden and the heavens opened and the sky lit up and thunder clapped.  I loved it but the boys were freaking out!


I didn't take this picture :)


We waited for the rain to ease off again and then legged it to the car.  I had to get home as Leo had a piano lesson to get to.

The evening went as it usually does, including the new routine of doing Oscar's journal with him, and here I am.  Off to bed as soon as I can. 😴


Today in sunny Florida we went to Kennedy Space Center.  I was really looking forward to this one as I remember it from before and I enjoyed it then.  The journey was a bit longer than others we had been on so I allowed the kids to take their screens with them, much to their delight.













































Leo is a really fussy eater and has become harder and harder over the years.  To encourage him to eat a burger Rob filmed him and said he would upload it to Youtube if he managed it.  You can see it here.  If you don't get food into him though it can cause problems so Rob did a great job with this.
















Making friends











The sun shone all day and the Space Center was amazing! We had a jam packed fun filled day.  It was our last day of the holiday and we were all feeling a bit strange about going home the following afternoon.  I was up late packing and making sure we had everything ready for the morning. πŸ˜”

Highlights from today, running 7 miles, seeing Lucy, getting a McDonalds, boys doing well with school work, thunder storm, great rain, and seeing Kelly and the kids.  πŸ’•πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails