Sunday 14 June 2020

Day 88 - Last Universal

Ah a lazy Sunday. Nope, up and out of bed with Leo nice and early.  Who needs a lie in anyway, me probably.


Not doing any exercise has now become quite strange and something I don't look forward too so I felt a bit restless to start with,  I also couldn't stop eating!  I pretty much grazed all day until I went to bed.🐷


Had a long FaceTime chat with Ma an Pa and made sure Ellis was back doing some school work.  He has so much to catch up with!  Also did some chores.


Rob got up just before lunch and had some breakfast then said he wanted to go to the office to sort out a computer that he couldn't get to work remotely.  So off he popped and I expected him back in about 2 hours.  Well it's nearly 10:30pm and he isn't home yet 🤷. He's back in the office again tomorrow morning.  Oscar was not impressed.  At bedtime tonight, which is when he noticed Dad wasn't here, he said that Daddy should be having a day off!


Gaming and chilling for the younger two, school work for Ellis until 2pm when we all went out on bike rides.  Ellis, Leo and his rugby friend went off first and then Oscar and I went our own way.   It was so nice just the two of us and Oscar said that a couple of times.  He seemed to enjoy it although kept saying we must be half way by now, every 5 minutes.  He just wanted to get back home and on computers again!

I want these sunglasses!

We stopped off at the climbing tree as we call it.  We regularly make a pit stop here and have lots of photos of the boys in the tree.



Dinner and more chores once we were home and more school work for Ellis.  I'm actually enjoying doing it with him and I'm learning lots of new things, but don't ask me what. 😄

You can probably guess that I didn't do the Lego again, but it really is a job that needs getting done and I know how satisfying it will feel once it's all sorted.  Maybe tomorrow 🤔

The social bubble thing started yesterday which now means that my sister and her kids can see my parents legally.  I think that means they can stay over too so I'm sure there will be lots of sleepovers for the grandkids and must be really nice for Mum and Dad to have hugs again.  Also must be good for Kate to have some extra support and help as she really does have her hands full. 😍




Leo lost a tooth today.  I forgot they still have teeth to lose.  It wouldn't stop bleeding for ages though and he was getting a bit distressed at one point.  Obviously it stopped eventually and he was back out on the trampoline.  He didn't bother with putting it under his pillow though. 😏

I'm actually quite pleased he didn't as I'm not sure how I would have got to it!  



My little Oscar is unsettled again.  I'm not sure what has brought it on but at bedtime he was crying his eyes out saying he didn't want to die.  We had a really long talk about it all and I reassured him that it was normal to feel like that and that it was great that he was talking to me about it all.  We touched on lots of different things, like an afterlife or coming back as something else, time travel, re-spawning like in his computer game and tons of other things.  It was actually a really interesting conversation and he was a lot calmer after it. Bless him. 😊

I totally remember having those thoughts and feelings as a child.  I used to worry a lot about my parents dying and I would often think that when I died I wanted to come back as an animal, usually a horse or a bird. 😊

Back to homeschooling tomorrow although I haven't had a break from it this weekend and Leo is still looking forward to going to school, which is great! We did have a letter home on Friday though saying that they might finish year 6 on the 3rd July and then try to get smaller groups of children from across the school to come in for a bit before the summer holidays start.  I have a foot in both camps and have mixed feelings about it.  Part of me wants Leo to go to school and finish off his year seeing as it's his last and Oscar still has 2 years there, he's also happy and enjoying it, but the other part of me realises that Oscar is struggling sometimes and would probably benefit (like Leo has) from seeing his peers in the flesh and having a bit of the old normal back.  They have been stuck at home much more than me.  Which also makes me concerned for Ellis, although he is much happier recently which is great. 👍.


Our last day at Universal. 😒.   The day started like any other, Rob snoozing, boys on iPads and me getting everyone fed, creamed up and dressed.







Um, in the car on the way there the boys were zonked and Oscar was already worrying about rides after being traumatised by the late night poo incident.



When Ellis is tired he talks more.  Now this kid can talk on a normal day so when in hyperdrive he barely takes a breath!  Luckily he had Grandad to listen to him. 😊


Once we got in the park the first ride we went on was the Minions. We thought it might be an easy start for Oscar, even though the queue was really long.  We waited a long time and he still didn't want to sit in the little simulation pod, but luckily there were seats at the front so he could still enjoy the show and Rob didn't mind sitting with him as these type of rides can make him feel sick anyway.




I don't know how this actually happened but we got Mum on a rollercoaster/ghost train thing called Revenge of the Mummy.  You can see it here.  I just remember her marching into the ride saying "there is no queue, come on!" She asked the lady if it was scary and was reassured that she would be fine, so off she went.  And for some unknown reason we ended up going down the FastPass lane and we didn't even have one!  At one point in the ride the whole ceiling is on fire and these statues pop up to scare you.  I don't know if you can see on the picture but Mum's face is mint.  To be fair Dad's face is pretty good too 😂


After the ride Mum was in a bit of shock.  She was ever so quiet and had to go to the toilet a few times in 20 minutes when normally she only goes once a day 😂. It was hilarious, for us anyway.





The Simpsons ride is another simulation so Rob took Oscar to the fun fair bit where he could play some games and maybe do one or two of the smaller rides.



Look what he won!  He still has him in his room now. 😊



I've always tried to treat the boys very much as individuals and never really dressed them the same but worked out on this holiday that if they wear the same outfits, they are much easier to spot in a crowd and so much easier to keep an eye on them.  Every morning I took a photo so I knew what they were wearing in case they went walkabouts.  On this day we all joined in, well apart from Rob but we tried to hide him a bit.😀


The Fear Factor show was quite good, bit too long for me but we managed to miss some rain while under the shelter.





Bit more Harry Potter and we got to do some rides for a second time using the single seater lane, which worked a treat!







As it was our last day in the theme parks me and Mum wanted to drag it out to the bitter end so Dad, Rob and Oscar went back to the car and we went back on a Harry Potter ride and a 3D Spiderman ride in a car that jolts you about all over the place.  We actually went on it twice and were the last ones to get on before it closed for the day.










Bye bye 😔


Shattered but happy.



Oscar's in bed with me as he couldn't settle and kept getting up.  I've told him that tomorrow we're going to do some school work and then have a bit of a chilled afternoon together.  Not really sure what we'll do yet, maybe a film and snuggle.  Love him. 💙


Much later than I would have wanted to be going to sleep but haven't had the chance to blog during the day today and I've had a disturbed evening.  Haven't done the meditation thing for a while so might give that a go to see if I can get off to sleep a bit quicker. 🤞


Highlights today are nice snuggles with Leo, Leo losing a tooth, Ellis getting some school work done, spending time with Ellis, bike ride with Oscar, lovely chat with Oscar about life and death, stuffed my face all day, still enjoying the blog, managing to miss the rain showers, although I do love rain. ☔🌧


I've always loved rain.  I love the moody clouds and the different shades of grey, I love the sound of it as it hits different surfaces and the smell.  There is nothing quite like the smell of rain.  I love how it gives life and makes everything that bit greener.  It also clears the air and if you're lucky you get to see a beautiful rainbow.  If you're really lucky you see a double one like I did yesterday. 🌈🌈

Photo doesn't do it justice. 🌈

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails