Tuesday 9 June 2020

Day 83 - Lost

Had a lovely early night.  In bed by 10pm and turning everything off and putting my head down by 10:30pm.  I've been trying to listen to a 10 minute sleep story or meditation thing on Youtube and it does seem to help me go off to sleep a bit quicker, probably because they're so boring 😂


Run done, Joe Wicks is getting on my nerves now so I've been changing that up a bit with different exercises, got Leo to school on time, spoke to Mum and Dad, Oscar got his school work done really well and another day is nearly done. 👍


I had an email from one of Ellis' teachers saying he hadn't done a couple of Science lessons.  Well I am not impressed.  He's been telling me to not go on at him, not to worry and that he has it all under control.  He wanted to go out with his friends today and I stopped him because he hadn't finished his lessons.  He wasn't impressed but I don't care.  He went out eventually. I am now going to have to keep a much closer eye on him.👀


I totally stole this from FB this afternoon but it resonated with me.  There is this constant pressure to make sure that you're doing all the "right" things while in lockdown.  It is difficult to get the balance and some days you just don't feel it and then others go really well.  I quite often feel lost as to what I should be doing or could be doing to make it better.  I just want the boys to keep their education ticking over and that they are happy.  It isn't easy but I'm trying, some days harder than others 😄. 


This afternoon Oscar and I made fairy cakes.  Actually Oscar made them pretty much by himself and I just watched and reassured him.  He did an amazing job.  Also I must be ill or something because I didn't eat any cake mixture apart from one lick of a spoon and a bit of icing.  I usually nail at least 2 cakes straight from the oven too but didn't touch any.  I had one fairy cake with a cup of tea.  I didn't even have to try, maybe all this exercise is having an effect! 🤷








Rob was in the office today. Not sure what time he will be home but there is plenty of food made up ready in the fridge so that makes it a bit easier for when he eventually gets back.  He works too much but we are grateful that he is able to provide for his family when so many others can't.


Florida!  Everyone was worn out! Rob was kicked out of bed during the night so he went to one of the other rooms and I was squished between these two.





We eventually made it back to Animal Kingdom.  There isn't too much to do there but lots of shows and animals and I love the surroundings.



Obviously it tipped with rain again so we ran and got in to the Nemo show really late.  We weren't planning on seeing it but I'm glad we did as it was fab.






By the time we came out the sun was back out, for a little while anyway.






Look who we bumped into! Simon, Tilly and the gang.  Was great to see them and such a massive coincidence considering the size of the parks and how many different places you can be at any given time.  We actually bumped into them twice on different days, what are the chances of that!?






It was so hot that the boys decided to have a cool off in a fountain.  Not sure if I got it on camera or not but Leo was at one point sitting under it. 😁









Well it had to happen at some point as it usually does, we lost Leo and it wasn't the last time either.  He just wanders off, or when you tell him what the plans are he just runs off to start them.  He usually turns up but obviously it makes your heart rate go up a little especially in such a large place.





We had another look around Pandora which is amazing and I couldn't wait to see it at night all lit up.












Back at the villa Dad actually got in the pool!  I'm not sure if this is the time we all got in or not, but at one point everyone was playing in the pool and it was brilliant!



Ellis is well annoyed with me and me with him.  He is still doing school work at half 7, huffing and puffing.  He definitely needs more support and supervision with his school work and I am on the case!  We'll get there.  He said he can't wait for the holidays. Just another 5 1/2 weeks to go though Ellis! 😱😂


If I needed therapy before all this lockdown stuff, I'll definitely need double after!!!!


Nearly time to get them to bed thank God!  Tomorrow I'm going to be on it with Ellis.  Hopefully Oscar can do what he did today and just quietly do his work.  I am planning yet again to take him out on a bike ride tomorrow.  Oh, just remembered I have Leo tomorrow too 😩. Well there goes that plan! 😂 The younger two might have to run feral while I sit with Ellis, at least until I have him sussed out.   Need to get organised tonight with all their lessons so that I don't have to worry about it in the morning.



Today I learnt that Ellis hasn't been doing as well as I thought he was, I'm looking forward to them going back to school (although will miss them too) and I am grateful that I don't have to work and do home schooling at the same time! I have no idea how people are doing it. Fair play to them. 💪👏

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails