Friday 26 June 2020

Day 100 - 100 Days!

100 days since I came back to the blog on the boy's last day at school before we had full lockdown on the following Monday.  In some ways it has flown by but also it seems like a lifetime.  Time has worked in a funny way for me over the last few months. Even saying few months is a bit strange as everything to me was just the other day, or last week 😂. It's all kind of merged into one blob.


100 days.  Feels like we should celebrate or something, but not sure what we would be celebrating.  I suppose surviving in one piece although I'm a slightly smaller piece now than I was at the start.  I'm in no rush to get back to pre lockdown life.  It's so much calmer and easier in lots of ways.  I'm really missing going to netball but I suppose that will come back in time too. 


I'm very slowly learning that I need to slow down my thinking.  Can't think too far ahead, can't get caught up in the things I can't change, can't hurry things that won't be or can't be hurried (like Leo on a Monday morning) and just need to chill a bit more.  Apparently mindfulness and grounding techniques will help with all of that so I need to look into it a bit more.  I have been trying to do some but I think it's one of those things that you have to do consistently for it to be of any benefit.  I am trying though, sometimes 😏😊


I wonder what we'll be doing in another 100 days.  Sunday 4th October 2020.  How will the world look then?   Will the boys be at rugby?  Will we be going for our Nandos that we have missed doing?  Will we be back in lockdown? Who knows 🤷. I do know one thing, it will be cooler. 😁


Anyway enough of all that.  This morning my alarm woke me up which is the third day in a row so instead of dragging myself up and out on a hot morning, I just turned it off and went promptly back to sleep.  For 5 minutes anyway.   Ellis is doing that thing where he sets his alarm for 7am and then hits snooze every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes! Rob does exactly the same thing until I give him a good elbow to turn it off.


Although I didn't go out for my usual run, I did do a very sweaty JW workout before grabbing a shower and getting on with some chores.  I had a busy morning keeping the boys on track with some school work.  Ellis started off by working really well as he wanted to go out with friends.  Unfortunately when I looked closer at something he was struggling with, I realised, yet again, he wasn't doing his lesson properly so I told him he couldn't go out. It feels awful stopping him seeing his friends but he also needs to learn that what he is doing isn't acceptable.  It's a tricky one as obviously it isn't normal circumstances but I have to stick with it as I don't want him to fall too far behind.  It will be worse for him in the long run and there is a long summer holiday coming up where he'll be able to go out and hang.


Oscar finished his story which I thought was rather good (you might not be able to see it) and then he read a book for 15 minutes! I wish one of mine was a bookworm. 😏. I've also just found out that he'll be going back to school for 4 days in total in the last 2 weeks of term.  He's very excited and I am too as I think it will be great for him.  It does mean Leo will be home and I'll try and get him to do some school work before lunch but that will be it.


I spent the afternoon clearing out under the stairs and making a start on the study which needs de-cluttering and just making it look a little nicer for Rob as he spends so long in there.  I want to buy some plastic plants to cheer it up a bit and maybe some pictures.  It has to be plastic plants as the room gets no sun light all day.


Once Leo was home from school he immediately got in the pool with Oscar, naked, and they both played for hours.  They then come in, wrap up in towels, eat, do some gaming and then run back out again, naked.  All good fun.


Just received Ellis' school report.  Sounds very similar to how mine used to sound, has the ability and participates well in class, but lacks focus and messes around and could do more if he was to apply himself.   I decided to just double check how he was getting on in all his lessons, only to find out that he is behind, again!  I think we didn't go back far enough last time.  It will mean a weekend of school work for him again and I feel sad and bad about it but he doesn't help himself and I'm doing all I can to support him.

Friday again already!  Weeks are flying by.  Pleased I got some jobs done today and I love to feel organised, I should do more of it really and I plan to this weekend.  I've made a new list 😂

Highlights from today are Oscar's lovely story, Oscar reading a book, ticking off a couple of jobs on my long term to do list, watching the boys play happily in the pool and finishing another school week ✔️

Plans for this weekend are to try and work through my list a bit, long run in the morning, and spend some time with the boys.  Think me and Ellis are going to watch End Game on Saturday and hopefully we'll all be able to get out on a bike ride or walk.  I quite like the walk as we get to talk but I'm sure the others all prefer riding bikes.  Off to enjoy my Friday evening, well once I've finished the online food shop, had another shower, put all the boys to bed, cleared up and decided what I actually want to do. 😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails