Thursday 25 June 2020

Day 99 - Heatwave

So the UK has been blessed with a two day heatwave and blimey it's a scorcher today!  It will end with thunderstorms though which I'm looking forward to.


I literally dragged my ass out of bed this morning and it took me a while to get going.  Feeling so tired and body didn't want to move.  I left a little bit later than normal for my jog so had the feeling of needing to rush, which is never good as it just makes you tense and then it's that much harder.  I again felt like a sloth and stumbled a few times and I knew that my body was trying to tell me something.  I made it round but agreed with myself that I would give JW a miss today.


I always like missing JW as it means I get to shower earlier and put on normal clothes.  I don't usually sweat so much straight after though so will need at least another shower later today.


I messed up the food shop.  It's so annoying! Basically I booked the slot and did a minimum spend and was supposed to go back into it to amend my order for what we needed, but for some reason I thought I was picking it up tomorrow and not today!  So I collected our very tiny shop, taking Oscar with me to get him away from screens,  and I also managed to book a click and collect with Asda for Saturday morning so I won't have to go and do an actual food shop 👏

Snapchat pictures galore!



Rob went into the office today so he's sitting in an air conditioned room and we are all melting at home. I might even get in the pool later!  I sat in the garden for about 10 minutes to read my book with a cup of tea.  Yes I still drink tons of tea even when it is this hot.  I think I may have a problem 😂. Anyway it was too hot, the sun not the tea, so I didn't stay out.

The boys got in the pool and I baked another banana loaf but only half the ingredients made it into the oven.  Yum yum. 😋. Although it did make me feel a bit sick but it's my own doing so not after any sympathy. 😁





This evening Karen had the idea to go for a bike ride with a stop half way for a drink.  How could I refuse. 🤷  I borrowed Rob's road bike and although I'm a bit wobbly on it and the saddle is too high, it was much easier than my normal hybrid bike.  We managed to chat most of the way which was quite surprising as I can never hear the kids when they're shouting at me on bike rides. 😉😊. It was the best therapy and I actually felt a bit of my old self pop back for a bit.  Very much needed and I hope we get to do it again soon. 🤗. Later Karen text me to say she felt the same 😍



Sitting by the canal we saw baby ducks, they were so cute! And then on the way back home 2 baby rabbits were hopping about on the cycle path.  Love babies 💕



Got home and tidied up and put bike away, cover on pool, dishes away etc before blog, shower and bed.  It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow I think and I'm waiting impatiently for some thunder storms. 🌩🌩


Highlights from today are, making a yummy banana bread, having a paddle in the pool, reading a few pages of my new book, Oscar doing well with his literacy story, Ellis appears to be up-to-date with school stuff, a really lush bike ride and chat with Karen, seeing babies and surviving another day. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails