Wednesday 3 June 2020

Day 77 - Rest Day?

Only on day 3 of homeschooling again and I'm bored out of my brain.  It's all so tedious and I'm usually a sucker for routine, but I'm just not in the mood for it, which either rubs off on the boys, or they're rubbing off on me, not really sure which way round it is.🤷


Went out for an early jog thinking it would be tipping with rain but it was actually quite pleasant and I was a bit warm under my extra layer of clothing.😅


Oscar had a teams meeting with his teacher and some of his friends.  He loved it and I think they're going to be doing it as a regular thing.  He got dressed and even did his hair 😊


I need a day off I've just decided.  A day off from everything, you know like a watch films in bed and sleep day off.  Not sorting anyone's food out, clearing up, not answering any questions or dealing with issues that aren't really issues.  I want to be alone 😄. I remember once a few years ago after the Easter holidays with the boys I went away to The Celtic Manor for 2 nights on my own.  It was heaven.  I ordered room service, read my book, watched crap on laptop, led in the sun, went for walks and chilled.  I was in no rush to head home. 😊



After lunch Shauna came over to do her thing so I got the boys in the car and went to see Nanna and Grumps.  I needed to take some medication to them anyway so it worked out well.  We had a brief chat to them stood in the rain and then I realised that they hadn't had other meds picked up yet so we popped to the pharmacy to grab them and also dropped some post off at my brother-in-laws garage.

Bit worried about Grumps though as he had fallen up his front steps that morning and had really hurt himself.  I think it shocked him and he had been feeling shaken and not very well ever since.  I will ring later to check how he's doing.

By the time we had finished all that Lucy said Shauna was on the ice pops stage so I knew it would be safe to head home slowly.


McDonalds is open! Hurrah!  It was packed though so we avoided it this time but the boys are very excited about getting one soon. 😊


Another new normal thing happening today is Leo going back to his piano lessons.  His teacher has set up the room with 2 pianos at opposite ends of the room and has a system in place for cleaning after every student and will leave the door open so fresh air can circulate.  She has put a lot of thought and effort into making it as safe as possible and Leo is looking forward to going.


Post lockdown hair look? Think I won't bother with the hat. 😂


Back at home everyone chilled out.  Rob was working from home again and was very very busy so we all tried to leave him alone.  I've done the blog early today so that I can spend my evening doing something else.  Not sure doing what yet, but I need to decide or I'll end up doing nothing. 😊


Lockdown fatigue is real.  I know what I'm pining for and I know it will be the last things that I'll be allowed to do.  I think that's what is annoying me.  Ah well, will get there eventually.  Need to do something to get a smile back on my face. 🤔

Meanwhile, back in Florida 2017 - We finally had a "rest" day where we didn't intend going to any parks, but there was a plan to go to Hollywood Studios to try and see the Fantasmic show if we felt up to it later.  Rob and Dad were happy to sit around the villa but me and Mum wanted to check out the resort facilities.  We didn't rush to go anywhere though and ambled over around lunch time.  They had a lovely pizza place there so we all sat around the pool stuffing our faces and relaxing.



























Well as if that wasn't enough, we did end up going to Hollywood Studios!  We did the Star Wars exhibit, went on the The Great Movie ride which closed in August 2017, seen the Little Mermaid show and tried to avoid some rain! We had dinner and headed to the outdoor theatre to watch the Fantasmic show.  It was full up and we sat in tipping down rain for over an hour waiting for the show to start.  We were soaked through and I thought it was hilarious! They kept saying on the loud speakers that they were waiting for the weather system to pass before they started.  They eventually cancelled the show and we made our way back to the car to strip off.  It's made even funnier by the fact that my Dad hates rain and refuses to do anything if there is even a hint of it forecast. 😂☔🌧























That's it for another day. 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails