Tuesday 23 June 2020

Day 97 - Easing

What a lovely warm day.  I don't think I've stopped sweating since I got up!  I've had 2 showers so far and may need another one by the time I go to bed.


Did my run obviously and I don't even really remember how it went, but it was done and Leo was up when I got back.   We still only managed to get him to school just as they were going in!  No school for him tomorrow so I'm planning a slightly longer run although it's going to be really warm so will need to get out early still.


Rob stayed home today as we needed to take a call from Leo's new school which went really well and she was very positive and supportive about everything we talked about.  Fingers crossed it works out well for him.


Oscar did well with his school work and Ellis is trying to zoom through his so that he is free earlier on in the afternoon so that he can get online with his friends.


I did a few chores and managed to have a little read of my new book.  I'm already in to it so it's an easy read and I can quite easily pick it up and just read a couple of pages.  The Chimp Paradox definitely needs me to be a bit more switched on for it.  I was a bit in out of my head today.  Not really sure why but it was okay.  The boys have been good for me and not too annoying which makes a change.  I did get eggy with Ellis at one point though.



I watched Boris announce the new amendments to the lockdown and it does seem like a lot will be changing from the 4th July.  I might be completely wrong about this but I'm pretty sure you can go into another household and even stay the night, but it can only be 2 different households at a time and you must continue to socially distance but it's been reduced to 1m from 2m.  To be honest I think most people have only been doing 1/1.5m anyway!  Pubs, restaurants, cafes, hotels, campsites and hairdressers are opening.  Also libraries, community centres, bingo halls, cinemas, museums, galleries, funfairs, theme parks, amusement arcades, outdoor skating rinks, social clubs, model villages and places of worship.  You can also have up to 30 people at your wedding now as long as you can all socially distance.

So many changes but still no netball or rugby.  It will come in time.  Just have to keep being patient and Mum and Dad will have to wait a little longer for cuddles from me and my boys.  They aren't going without though as they have a bubble with my sister and her 5 dahling angels.  But I can now go over and do a large puzzle with Mum and maybe a film night!?


Went out for a lovely late afternoon stroll with Karen and Kelly with the Chihuahua.  We walked my route to my field I go to but we did a slight detour off my usual path and it was lovely all up through some trees, right by a stream that the boys can play in.  Might have to take them down there soon.  We also saw a beautiful deer just stood in a field watching us walk by.   Kelly didn't want her picture taken which obviously I take great joy in teasing her about. 😄





Nice chilled evening.  The boys were really good at going to bed, Rob was working and I did this blog.  I really do need to get an early night tonight as I've had 2 bad nights sleep and I'm feeling it today.  Plus I want to get up and out early tomorrow and I struggled to get up this morning.

Is it the summer holidays yet!?  I need to make some plans for the weeks off.  I might try and book a weekend away. I've been wanting to go to Tenby for like forever!  I'm not sure what the rules are though so would need to look into all that.  I don't know when the next set of announcements will be due.  I suppose it will be after they've seen what happens with the new measures in place.  It's weird that even though we can do things, I don't want to do them.  I certainly don't want to go to Primark or Ikea but I'm sure we would all enjoy a Nandos sit in meal.

On this day a year ago me and Mum took the boys to Weston to watch the air show.  It was tipping down with rain but the boys played for hours on the sand and we sat there with umbrellas watching the planes.  We had a fab day out and it's sad that it is cancelled this year.  Next year, we're there!








Highlights from today are reading my book in the sun, seeing Karen and Kelly, the new easing of lockdown, a positive call with Leo's new school and watching the boys play with a dog.  I think we might need to get one but we're waiting on our landlord to say yes.  I'm not 100% sure either and I need to be really as it will be me looking after it and organising everything to do with it.  🤔 

Going to get Ellis to bed now and I'll be following after. 💤

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails