Wednesday 10 June 2020

Day 84 - Disney Springs

I went to sleep slightly later last night but I tried listening to a Self Soothing meditation thing but I missed most of it as I was dozing.😴  I'm not sure if that defeats the object, or if it's working.🤷


Awake before 6 but that's okay and today was perfect weather for running.  There was a slight drizzle which I seem to love and have got all my PBs in these conditions and today was no different.  I managed to get my 5k time under 25 minutes at 24:39.  I did a lamp post sprint finish,  I didn't have to stop at traffic lights or when crossing the road and people seemed to just get out my way as I must have looked like I was on a mission. 😅😂


Ellis had a long evening doing school work, sorting out his bedroom and then eventually going to bed.  I am so pleased that the school emailed me as I can now see the help that he needs to get back on track.  He thanked me last night. 😮 He said that he needed the restrictions and although he found it hard he knew he needed it and it helped him.  He was suddenly a different person, relieved and happier.   Obviously he's pissed off with me again today as I'm making him do more work than he thinks he should be doing, but we'll get there.


It's been pretty full on so far this morning with the three of them and I can see why I let things slip with Ellis.  He was assuring me that he had it under control so that allowed me the time to spend with the other 2.  I've tried to line things up for Leo so he knows what's expected of him and Oscar did well after his teams meeting with his class to just get on with it.  Leo is certainly pushing the boundaries though.😬



Update on the caterpillars.  I went in to open Leo's curtains and noticed that we have 2 fully formed butterflies! It's so exciting! Another cocoon was wiggling like it was going to hatch but it was doing it for a good 20 minutes and no sign of it yet.  Hope it's ok.




Another update, it was okay! We have 4 butterflies all looking perfect. 🙏




Finally got Leo to finish what he needed to do today.  It was a struggle but we got there in the end.  I suspect he'll be looking forward to school to get away from me 😁


Leo and Oscar finished early so messed around in the living room/hallway while I did a bit of blogging, cooking, baking and keeping tabs on Ellis.  Had to press the pause button a lot today, not always successfully but I tried.


Eventually I had to kick the younger 2 out as they were doing my head in!  Ellis was trying to work and I've been helping him, plus I needed to do a few chores and the noise levels were making my ears ring!



Yay back to Typhoon Lagoon!



Oscar was the only one that liked the characters.


Mum's standard face for all rides, wet or dry 😂








To save us having to go food shopping we stopped off at Disney Springs and went into a pizza place for dinner.  This was the first time we actually ate out!  If we went again we would definitely do that more often.






After the meal we wanted to have a look around at all the different shops etc but Leo had had enough and no longer wanted to walk or do anything so Rob agreed to take him back to the car and wait there for us.  It was a shame as I think Leo would have liked a lot of what we saw.




















We eventually got home after another busy day.  What a gorgeous sky.😍



During the afternoon I made yet another banana loaf but this time I was unable to resist eating some of the mixture. 😋. It might end up being a half loaf 😂  Made myself feel sick for the rest of the day 😣

Oscar and Leo returned from their adventure covered in mud with smiles on their faces.  Perfect! It wasn't long before they were scoffing their dinner and then on screens so a bit of quiet.  Leo has his piano lesson in a bit so that will break up the afternoon.

Thursday tomorrow already!  Must remember to put the bins out 🤔. Also the clapping has finished now but we still remember and we are very grateful.  The Covid fight isn't over, even though sometimes I think we forget it's still out there and still serious.  Now is not the time to be complacent. 

It's been a draining day and it's not even 5pm!  Rob is on his way home which is good as it means he is having a bit of a break from working.

Going to leave it there today and if anything exciting happens, which it won't, I'll write about it tomorrow.

Peace out! ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails