Sunday 28 June 2020

Day 102 - Walkies

Woke up at 9:30am feeling groggy and not ready to face the day and Mum was the same when we FaceTimed first thing.  We tried to jolly each other along but I'm not sure how much help I was.


After sorting everyone out for breakfast I organised to meet up with Saskia and she drove to our house and we went out for a walk.  It was really windy, it rained and the sun came out but we both enjoyed blowing away some cobwebs, getting away from the same faces and chatting about different things.  I burnt my tongue on my tea I took with me though.


Did lunch once back and pre-warned everyone that we were going out for a walk in the afternoon.  The weather was hit and miss.  Showers, lots of wind and then some sunshine but I knew I needed to get the kids and a man off their bums. 


I watched a bit of Line of Duty, little bit of blogging, talked to friends and did a couple of chores.


Then I dragged everyone out just as we had a rain shower.  Some of them moaned but not long into the walk they are playing, chatting, running, holding hands, joking about and I love it.


I grabbed some bananas from the shops and the boys had a mess around on the scooter ramps.  It was so nice to see them burning off some energy and actually using their muscles for something other than gaming!





The walk home was just as nice with everyone still talking and playing games.


Close to our home I noticed a lady trying to carry a bike and a huge bag.  She stopped not far from us and I approached her and asked if she needed any help.  I then very kindly offered Rob's carrying services so that she didn't have to struggle anymore.  I took the boys back and we set up the Xbox in the living room for some family gaming time.  We only played for half an hour as everyone was starving so I did dinner.  Can't wait to eat out again!


Think Rob is in the office tomorrow and I'm already organised for Oscar's school day.  Will sit with Ellis in the morning to make sure he knows what he needs to get done and then it all starts again.  Leo will be doing 4 days and then that will be the end of his time at Junior School.  Can't believe it and so sad how it all ended for him.  I really hope we manage to put something together at some point for them all but I kind of think the moment will pass once they've all started at their new schools.


Speaking of new schools, Leo and Ellis' school have announced in the recent newsletter that they'll probably be allowed to wear casual clothes until the first half term.  First of all I thought great but then quickly realised that although they have no uniform yet, they also don't have any casual clothes that fit either!!!  Leo is pretty much living in pants and Ellis wears stretchy waist shorts.  There is a lot of shopping that needs to be done but I'm not taking them to the shops and online stuff just takes so long!  Grrr!  I'll just have to suck it up and sort it, but they can wait a bit longer.  I suspect it could all change again by September anyway.


So bucket list entries today...

11. Book a weekend away for just me and Rob
12. Go canoeing with the boys
13. Book our indoor sky dive session
14. Do a photography course
15. Learn how to apply make-up

That will do for today.


I'm on the final episode of Line of Duty Season 5.  It's been really good and I'd love to watch it now but it's 90 minutes long and it's already gone 11pm.  Need my beauty sleep these days so off to bed I go.


Highlights from today are, helping a lady with her bike, lovely family walk, family gaming time, lovely walk and chat with Saskia, watching some TV, enjoying bedtime snuggles and conversations with my boys. 💙💙💙

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails