Monday 1 June 2020

Day 75 - Animal Kingdom

1st of June and a new beginning.  It was a bit of a shock to the system going running at 7:15am but I got it done, fast and was soon home helping Leo to get ready.  He was up and mostly dressed, feeling sick and unable to eat his breakfast.  All of this is completely normal for Leo on a school day.


For his school day he is allowed to wear a school top and comfy bottoms but it needs to be washed everyday so I went with uniform for ease, he has to take 2 water bottles, packed lunch, have his temperature taken, wash his hands when he leaves, suncream, hat and we took his Buzylegz back in too.  He has to be in for 8:40am and his classroom is based upstairs.  There were 8 in his group this morning and he had 2 of his best friends with him.

We managed to get completely ready and left on time.  The school run was really quiet and when we arrived the headteacher came out shouting at everyone to spread out, reading out names from a list and telling everyone where they needed to stand. She was a little frantic, and rightly so as I can imagine this is all very difficult.  I told her to take a deep breath and breathe and that it would all be okay.  She managed to say good morning and asked me to say hello to Oscar and she smiled.😊


Leo was happy going in and I told the staff that he wasn't keen on eating outside due to wasps, bees and flies being a bit of a problem.  They said he could eat inside if he wanted.  Just like that he was gone and I was down to 2 little/big buggers to look after.

Back at home Ellis was already getting on with school stuff and I was surprised to see Rob in a shirt and work trousers.  It also means I'll be ironing again soon.  Boo hiss!  πŸ‘ŽHe had a cuppa and brekkie and left for the office.  Oscar did some Maths while I did the most horrendous Joe Wicks workout ever!  It was so hard but I smashed it.  I think even my eyeballs were sweating.  Saskia did it too and we were sending each other silly pictures of how tough we were finding it.  I'll share mine but will spare Saskia.



Caterpillars are huge and I'm pretty sure they will be going into their cocoons soon.  Might be a slight problem though as they appear to have eaten the piece of fabric that they usually use so that you can then transfer them into the net.  Not sure what to do but will just wait and see what happens for a bit.


Mum came over today.  She needed a change of routine and as you can now officially sit in someone's garden she came over and did just that.  We had a lovely catch up and it was nice for the boys to see her.  Still horrible not being able to hug and the goodbye is always the hardest but we're grateful we get to see you at least Mum x. 

Today Ellis was awarded a special sporting achievement from his school and it now means he has to wear a different coloured tie.  I am so proud of him! He tried to downplay it but I made him say that he was proud of himself too and that he was pleased that he had achieved it.  We aren't very good at receiving compliments without trying to put it down somehow.  I am well chuffed and Nan was here to congratulate him too.🀩

Leo arrived home wearing his leavers hoodie with a huge grin on his face.  He was so happy and buzzing from his day at school.  I made him strip at the door, accompanied him to the shower and made sure soap was used, wiped down lunchbox, shoes and put water-bottles in dishwasher.  Decontaminated, he chilled on the sofa for a a bit.  He was chatting loads about his day which never happens. He has taken to it really well and I am so pleased.  I hope he manages to get to sleep a bit easier tonight.πŸ₯°πŸ˜Š

Overall it's been a really peaceful day.  Ellis finished school stuff early and went out with some friends which made his day, Oscar had me to himself so school work was easy for him and I was able to get some jobs done.  I also managed to get a Sainsbury's delivery for tomorrow morning so that saves me (Rob) going to the shops.  The new normal isn't too bad so far.πŸ‘

I'm still so very tired today, could be the earlier start and killer workout, but even a good filter on Snapchat couldn't save me.  I'd like to think I would be sensible and get an early night, but the chances of that happening are probably as close to COVID being gone by tomorrow.


No surprise but Rob stayed at the office til late.  He has so much on, which is great but also means it's very demanding of him.  Hopefully he'll be home before tomorrow.


I spent the evening putting the boys to bed, jobs, listening to music and blogging.  I also ordered the garden furniture.  I didn't dilly dally like I usually would, I just did it.  Won't arrive until July but still, I made a decision!


Update -  I was right about the caterpillars! They've started to hang and change.  Going to be a pain to move them. 



The boys have all been really good for me this evening.  They have all been so chilled out and easy going and the house has been really peaceful, apart from my music.


Next stop in Florida was Animal Kingdom.  I love it there, mainly because I love animals but they also had the new land that had just opened, Pandora.  It was amazing but the queue times for the rides were over 3 hours long.  I did manage to get a FastPass for one of the rides but it wasn't all that great.  You can view it here.









The Lion King show is always fantastic.  I've seen it a few times now and it's still just as magical.🦁







The dinosaur ride was brutal and scary.  I thought the boys coped really well with it.  I was bricking it!






The best ride by far was Expedition Everest.  You can view it here.  Me, Dad and the older 2 boys queued for ages and ages for this one and Leo really wanted to chicken out right at the very end but I made him do it and he liked it thankfully.  Unfortunately for Dad he came off a bit worse for wear and didn't do any more rollercoasters after that. 🀒 I did not appreciate how bad a coaster it was, doing a backwards loop the loop in the pitch black.  Even I came off of it shaking.  It was almost as bad as the Harry Potter coaster in Universal.






I love Animal Kingdom.














I'm grateful for so much today.  I cheered a friend up, I seen my Mum, Leo had a great first day back at school, the house was peaceful, Ellis got a special award, everyone seemed happy and content and I nailed the Joe Wicks workout.

I'm still so zonked today.  Need to start trying to at least go to sleep earlier, especially as I'll now be getting up earlier too.  Just going to finish the food shop, sort out videos for the blog, do Leo's packed lunch, clear up and get to bed.  Shouldn't take too long and it's only 10pm!

Be back tomorrow, at some point.😴

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails