Saturday 20 June 2020

Day 93 & 94 - Umbrella

I needed a break last night from blogging.  It just got really late as the boys didn't go to bed until way past their bedtime and I think doing all the extra Florida blogging meant I was blogged out.  But I know I have to keep on top of it or the days run away with me and then it ends up impossible to catch up.  I know I don't have to blog about every day but I want to and if that changes, then I won't. 😊


Leo slept really really well.  Too well in fact as when I got home from my run, he was still asleep! Eeeek!  Luckily the morning still went smoothly and we left for school on time.  


It was still raining and Leo wanted to use an umbrella.  I said he could just go under my big cow one but he wanted his own.  When the boys were little they all had their own little umbrellas but obviously he doesn't remember using it, so it was so lush to see how excited he was about using one.  Being in lockdown does make you notice and appreciate the small things more.  He talked about it all the way to school, about how he was holding it, how it felt with the wind pushing on it, the fact that he thought he could let go and it would just stay where it was, that it has sharp spikes on the end and that it could be dangerous and many more observations. 😍☔


I did the last Friday Joe Wicks as he will now only be doing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.  It's not a problem though as he already has lots of videos on his YouTube channel that I can do.


I picked up the food shop and the boys helped me put most of it away and after my shower I met up with Saskia in the local park where we sat in the middle of a field being wind blown.  It was so nice to catch up but I was freezing! I think I left it too long to shower after getting rained on and I was cold to the bones.  I didn't stay too long and headed home for a cuppa and a warm up.


I ended up feeling cold for the rest of the day.  I just couldn't get warm, even in bed.  That'll teach me.


Back at home I finished putting the food shop away and then decided I wanted to clear out one of the cupboards.  I didn't do a before picture but it was so nice once I'd done it.  I love it when things are organised.



Then the boys were up late, Rob came home quite late and needed feeding and before I knew it, it was 11pm! I did nothing of consequence with my evening but that's okay.


Highlights for Friday were Leo being excited about using an umbrella, seeing Saskia, finally being able to park my car (I struggled!), clearing out a cupboard and Ellis catching up a little bit more.


Now today I have been pretty busy for most of it.  Went out early for a long run (7 miles) which I did in just over an hour and it was quite hot but doable, and then when I got home I sorted breakfast for the kids as they were all tucking in to crisps and snack bars!  Then I hand washed the pool which was green and smelling like swamp water.  It took me ages and I was covered in stinking green water so I went straight for a shower once I'd finished.  Due to the fact that my hands had been wet constantly, all my nail varnish started to come off so I need to do them again tomorrow.

Once I was sorted from my shower I got Ellis' bike out the garage and cycled to Kathy's house where Sophie and Jo were meeting too.  We sat in the garden drinking bubbles and snacking on bits and pieces kindly provided by Kathy and Sophie.  We got rained on 3 times and the wind was really bad but that didn't stop us from sitting there for a few hours.




Had a great time and a chance to just sit.

Back at home Rob and I finished off sorting out the pool and getting it filled up again ready for the heatwave that is coming next week.  The boys are very excited about using it.  🌤

I tried on yet more new clothes and I'm not sure I'm keeping any of it.  🤷  None of it fits right and I just think I can manage without it anyway.  I don't know why I'm finding it so difficult.  Really all I'm after is a couple of pairs of shorts, some vest tops, a couple of nicer tops, joggers and some new active wear as I have to keep tugging it up when running.  I think I should go through my clothes first and get rid of old and damaged stuff and see what I have left.  I definitely need joggers. 😊


Ah the boys played together so nicely today.  They spent ages working through a puzzle on the computer and worked well as a team.  I mean the puzzle was how you could kill this dummy with lots of different weapons with different angles etc but I'm not going to be fussy.


I cut Oscar's hair again.  I just shaved it all off and I think it looks much better.  He still has a ridge with a bowl cut shape but it will do until we can get to the barber in July.  I'm not worried and he doesn't care so that's the main thing.

Oscar is still really struggling and bedtime seems to be the worst time for him.  We have been doing his journal with him, Rob did it last night, and then tonight he was sobbing his little heart out. 😢  I let him in my bed and I sat with him until he was just starting to nod off.  He will be going back to school soon for a little bit and it can't come soon enough.  I really do hope it helps him as much as it helped Leo.🤞

Leo cried at bedtime too.  He hurt his finger on the trampoline just before bed but was saying his head hurt, he felt dizzy and he didn't know what was wrong with him.  He was upset so I snuggled with him for a while until he was starting to drift off too.  Bless him.  I think sometimes we underestimate how well our kids are doing during this lockdown.

These early mornings mean I am seriously flagging by 10:30pm so I'm off to bed for some sleep.  I used to be up so much later than this watching Netflix, reading or gaming and now I go to bed, set my alarm (I'm always awake before it) and shut off straight away.  I suppose it's the right thing to do but it would be nice to watch a film or read a chapter as during the day it's difficult not to be disturbed.

Highlights from today are cleaning the pool, watching the boys play nicely together and seeing friends.

Nigh nights xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails