Saturday 13 June 2020

Day 87 - Volcano Bay

Up nice and early and after a cup of tea snuggling on the sofa with Leo we decided now would be the time to get the butterflies out as they were flapping away in their net and he wasn't happy about it.



Spot the butterfly 🦋



I went out for my little jog.  God it was hard and I really struggled to even get to 5k, but I did it which is the main thing.💪. Oh I also got another PB yesterday for my 10k!  Probably explains why I was so tried today.😅

When I got home I stayed in the garden listening to my music and even got on the trampoline for 5 minutes by myself, it was good fun and I had a small window of that feeling of freedom, then the boys joined me. 😏😁

Ellis needed to do school work and he did for most of the day but didn't get as much done as I would have liked. He keeps distracting himself rather than just getting on with it!  He'll be doing it again tomorrow but is also going out on a bike ride with Leo and one of his rugby friends who he'll be going to senior school with, hopefully in September.🤞

I tried to have a shower but very quickly worked out that Rob had left the immersion on in the tank and the water was now boiling away like a kettle because the thermostat is broken.  Going to be a long time before that cools down!

I went to see my Saskia for a couple of hours before lunch.  We sat in her garden drinking the biggest buckets of tea and putting the world to rights.  It was so lush to see her as she has been really busy this week with work so we haven't had a chance to FaceTime as much.  The sun was shining too which was an added bonus.

Once home I sorted everyone's lunch with what we had left over.  The food shop wasn't due to be collected until 6pm and we were running out if not ran out of most things.  They all had a good meal though and I sat down at my computer for a bit.

I had to really fight the urge to go to bed today.  All the excitement and conversation had wore me out.  I was feeling so very drained, tired and not quite right and I was so close to saying to Rob that I needed a lie down but instead I dusted off the iron (literally) and did the ironing.  I put it all away then decided to clean my room.  Then I went through all my old makeup and binned loads of that, sorted out one of Rob's wardrobes and hoovered it out.  A bit more pottering, sorting washing, did dinner etc and then I went to collect the food shop.  Rob helped me put it away and then I did the blog in-between running baths and sorting out kids. Phew! 😅😇

I'm so glad I didn't go and lie down, although I probably do need it, but at least I feel like I've achieved something today.  I will try and lie in tomorrow even if I'm awake and no exercise, except maybe a bike ride with little un. 🤔

I've got to do some bloody clothes shopping.  I'm putting it off and putting it off.  I can live in the same few outfits surely?  Who needs shoes? 🤷. I've done one order which won't be here for 8-10 days but I think most of it will go back so need to do a few more orders and hope that some things will be okay from it all.

Anyway enough of that.  Back to Florida and we were off to Volcano Bay which was Universal's new water park, which replaced Wet N Wild.  The park hadn't been open long and there were a lot of teething problems.  The reviews of the park were quite bad but we had loved the water parks and wanted to check it out for ourselves.  To get in to the park takes ages! The car park is a million miles away, you have to then walk to the bus stop, get a bus, and then walk some more!

Once in the park we pulled some beds together and had quite a good little base.  We stayed for hours and hours.  We enjoyed the lazy river which zoomed you along and we lost Dad at one point.  They have a virtual queuing system so that you wear a band that you beep which you ride you want to do and when it's your turn to line up it vibrates and tells you which slide is waiting.  Sounds great right!  But it didn't work that smoothly, most rides being booked up for hours!  We managed to work the system though and got to go on loads.





The big Volcano in the middle actually has 3 slides in it.  We managed to convince Ellis to go on the big one and Rob said he would do it with him.  But at the last second he tricked Ellis into making him go first and then chickened out and walked back down the steps!  Ellis was so shaken from the slide that he couldn't move for a few minutes as his legs were shaking.  He loved it though and was buzzing for ages after.  You can see the slide here.

Stolen from Wiki = Ko’okiri Body Plunge: A near-vertical (70-degree drop) speed slide with a trap-door start that passes through the Krakatau volcano, falling 125 feet (38 m). The slide will also pass through one of the pool attractions at the base of the volcano, described by the park as a "world's-first" feature. Along with the Kala and Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides, Ko'okiri Body Plunge is the tallest drop capsule slide in the world. It is also the tallest body slide in the world to send riders out of a drop capsule the entire height of the slide in one continuous descent.






Just after lunch the heavens opened the winds blew, the park pretty much closed everything due to the lightning but we were determined to sit it out.  We hid reasonably well under the umbrellas and waited for it all to pass, which it did, and most people had gone home which meant that slides and pools were empty! Happy days!







Home late again but such a wicked day.  We did manage to lose Leo again, but not for too long.  We also lost Rob and Dad at different times too.

Every night Mum would go to bed with her iPad to do her game and watch some TV and Rob would go up early too.  Dad and I used to have a beer and a chill together.  This was my view after about 5 minutes though.  Keeping you up Dad?  Am I that boring?! 😂




Hopefully the shower temperature will be okay and I can go to bed now.  Might read, watch some Netflix. or do another podcast, I might even play a computer game 😱. Or I might just sleep. 😴. Actually just noticed it's nearly 11pm so I won't be doing any of the above. 😕

Highlights for me today were battling through a 5k, going on the trampoline by myself, watching the butterflies go free, seeing my Saskia, the boys having fun sliding down the stairs on all the sofa cushions and playing hiding seek, Rob doing the dishwasher, getting the food shop (alone time), doing some housework and enjoying doing the blog.  Good day. 😊

I wonder what tomorrow with bring.  More gaming by the boys I should imagine, bike rides, eating, cleaning up, sorting arguments, telling them to keep the noise down, more eating and clearing up and I may have another go at getting the Lego sorted as it's annoying me now.

Right, night, stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails