Monday 22 June 2020

Day 96 - Stream

Period from hell woke me up loads during the night (explains the headache yesterday) so not much sleep and feels like my uterus is falling out today, so pain meds on board and out for my run I went. TMI? 🤷 I smashed it! Got a new PB even.  I think a day of rest on the Sunday where I also seem to eat a lot more, means I have an extra boost for Monday morning. 💪


Leo was again asleep when I got home and he got to school just as they were going in.  The only way around this problem is if I go running 15 minutes earlier so I might try that.  He only has 7 days left in his junior school and then that's it!  I'm mostly excited for him but also so sad that he missed out on so many memories. 😢


Oscar did amazing with his work this morning and had nearly completed everything by the time I finished Joe Wicks!  I managed to pad him out with extra stuff until lunch time and then after lunch we went out on our bikes.  He is doing much better with being able to keep up with a faster pace.  I don't know about distance yet as he never wants to go far so might try and up that soon.  We did a bit of food shopping and he helped me to carry the light stuff in his own rucksack.  I think he enjoyed that.

We dumped our bikes and then went straight back out down to the stream near our house.  He had been down there recently with Leo and they had planted some bulbs and he wanted to see if they had grown.  We spent ages just exploring and messing around and he was showing me all the places he had been and then tried to walk down the stream but got to a dead end so climbed out instead. Brilliant fun.💚








In the summer holidays I'm definitely going to shove the younger 2 out to go down there and play.  It's perfect for them to explore.

Ellis assured me that he was up-to-date with his school work so he spent the afternoon out on his bike with friends.  I will be checking tomorrow to make sure he is still on track.

This evening I had a Zoom call with my netball team.  I haven't seen them for nearly a quarter of a year!  We had to talk about official stuff first and do some voting but then we got a chance to hear what everyone had been up to.  It was great to listen to them all saying about their different lives and we all can't wait to be back on court playing, we're just hoping it isn't outside!  I always said if I had to play outside again I would retire, but no way would I now!  I just want to get back!  A couple of coaches I know are starting to do some fitness sessions so I might see if I can get to one of those in the next few weeks.


The pool is up and ready for the boys, it just needs the heating pads to be connected which I think Rob is doing tomorrow.  He was going into the office but we have a call with Leo's new school at 2pm so he's going to stay home to take it. 

I cut the grass today and tomorrow I plan to sort out the shed a bit and maybe get half an hour to read my book and I'll see if Oscar wants to do another bike ride.  Might bribe him with an ice-cream 🤞

Highlights from today were seeing my netball girls, going to the woods with Oscar, seeing Ellis happy and out with his friends and watching Leo doing flips on the trampoline. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails