Monday 8 June 2020

Day 82 - IOA

Back to it then.  I've decided, only today, to try and use the afternoons before Leo gets home to do something one on one with Oscar.  Ideas are bike rides, baking, board games, snuggling watching a film, playing outside and of course gaming.  I love gaming but I literally haven't done any for weeks! I used to religiously play 2 games of Game of Thrones Conquest, every day without fail.  I had to or my keep would be destroyed 😂. My all time favourite game I used to play for hours and hours was The Sims and although I have planned to start again in lockdown, thinking I would have loads of free time, I haven't done it.


Run went well, got a PB for fastest mile, Leo was slightly harder to get ready but he still managed to eat breakfast and we arrived as they were literally going into the school.  We must make sure we are a bit earlier tomorrow. 


Oscar did well with his school work and was done by lunchtime which meant we were able to start our plans.  First thing we did is go for a walk to take all my New Look clothes back to a Collect+ place nearby.  I got him a treat too which he loved! He said he got goosebumps where he was so excited to have something that he hasn't had for a long time.  It was also really nice to chat and look around at nature.

He dressed himself 😁


After lunch we were going to do some baking but I was flagging so we decided a snuggle with a film was a better idea.  We watched Despicable Me 2 which is lots of fun with good music.


Leo had another good day and I'm hoping this just continues until he finishes in July.  Ellis has guitar lesson this evening and I think he got on okay with his school work. He never seems to be doing any so will be interesting to see the report the school will be sending out this week. 🤔


Rob was home today and busy on lots of work calls.  I think he came to bed at about 3am this morning so I imagine he'll be getting an early night tonight.  He was up very late putting together a video of Ellis playing guitar for his Bristol Bears Academy talent show.


I've been watching The Last Dance on Netflix.  Not really sure why I started it but I've been really enjoying it.  I find the sports psychology side of it very interesting and I get to watch people throwing a ball around in a competitive situation.  Which reminds me, Sue, my lovely Back To Netball coach has said that she is doing some fitness sessions which would include throwing a ball around.  I might have to try and get to one.  I have Sue to thank for lots of things but one of my highlights has been getting to train with Eboni Usoro-Brown (Beckford Chambers) who plays for the England Roses and won Gold at the Commonwealth Games.  She even took me out at one point while trying to show everyone a drill and I fell hard on my knees, which destroyed my leggings.  She also said I had good hands 😜😍💪👐.   I follow her on Insta too and she regularly replies to my comments 😂


The rest of the afternoon and evening was quite chilled really.  Boys gamed, I showered and blogged, Ellis did his guitar lesson online.  I wonder if it will just stay as online.  It seems to work well and it means less travelling about for Henry. 🤔. I do miss seeing him though.

Got a bit of a headache so might head to bed as soon as little and middle are done.  I need cake, well cake mixture really so might make something tomorrow.😋

Florida time was back to Universal Studios but this time the Islands of Adventure part.













While we were watching the show it tipped down with rain.  So much so that there was a torrent of it coming down the exit ramps.  We stayed in the stadium after the show had finished and ate our lunch.  That was one plus of having it with us all the time.

After a quick look on the map we legged it to a close by attraction of Poseidon's Fury. It's not rated very highly on any website but I actually enjoyed it.


Back to Hogsmede.
























Now this was the funniest and most talked about ride.  We didn't really know what it was other than you get in a boat and go around looking at Dinosaurs.  Well it ended up that you go down a huge drop, totally unexpected, getting soaked and it was a massive shock to all of us as you can tell from the picture.  Poor Oscar was just left clinging on!  It was and is hilarious 😂






OMG the Kong ride is awesome! You would need to do it at least 5 - 10 times to really take it all in as so much happens on both sides of the truck.  It was definitely high up my list of rides I'd like to do again.









Little monkeys 🐒











Tired her out









We did so much that day.  Tons of Harry Potter rides, Mum and Dad did a little coaster on their own, me and Ellis did the Hulk ride which was awesome, but a very long wait, we did the 3d Spiderman ride twice and watched a couple of good shows.  We wore Mother out! 😂

I love the moon 🌕

Right off to bed for me now and I really must keep off of social media as it's taking up way too much of my time. 😴

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails