Thursday 18 June 2020

Day 92 - Home Time

It was like running a wet assault course this morning having to dodge snails and puddles! Came home soaked through to my pants but I think I actually prefer to run in the rain.  I like the smell, the coolness, the noise and it's very quiet on the cycle path 👍


I have an ever growing list of things to do which is stressing me out a little so I have split it up in to lots of smaller lists.  Sounds crazy I know but by removing long term tasks and just having a shorter one for things to achieve today, and then one for this week etc it helps to break it down and makes it feel not so overwhelming.


Had another go at doing my nails today.  I'm still no good at it but I suppose I just need to keep practicing as I'm always telling the boys to do.  Need to take my own advice a bit more.

Old witch hand

Man hand

Lockdown hair cuts number 2.  I forgot to take proper pictures so this will have to do.  Oscar's isn't quite right so will have another go with him tomorrow but Ellis' is a much better length and you always miss a few long strands. 😊


I cut more off after these pictures were taken.



The amount of hours I'm spending in the same room as my children should be made illegal or at the very least come with a health warning!  The noise levels, the constant distractions, questions, arguments, winding up, having to make sure they're doing what they should be, trying to keep them quiet when Rob is on a call, constant snacking, mess making, the list goes on!  I think even if my hairdresser could come to my house I'd still be grey!  Can feel the tension in my shoulders and I'm almost grinding my teeth 😬. Glass of vino tonight I think. 🍷


Straight down rain all day.  Love hearing it hit the skylights and watching as it slowly fills up the pool that we are trying to empty 😂. Will sort that out on the weekend and mow the lawn as it's supposed to be dry. Better add that to one of my lists.😊


Wrapped all the Fathers Day gifts and the plan for Sunday will be to let Rob have his lie in, if he wants one,  get him breakfast in bed and then deliver gifts and cards to his parents and mine.  Then we are seeing Lucy and Craig for a walk through the local stream.  The boys love it and hopefully it will be dry, the weather, not the stream. 


Ellis is getting there.  He was originally 30 lessons behind.  Yes 30!  I don't know how I let it get so bad! But I do know how he let it get that bad.  He has the attention span of a goldfish and unfortunately it is so noisy at home it is difficult sometimes.  I would let him work in his room but I just can't trust him right now.


Loving all the yellow SnapChat filters today. 



Back in the Sunshine State we were getting ready to pack up the villa.  We gave tons of our frozen food away to neighbours, I packed the cases, sorted breakfast, got the boys dressed, loaded the cars, cleared up and took some last pictures. 😅💪












We had to check out of the villa by 10 but our flight wasn't until late afternoon so we killed some time by going to a crazy golf course.  It was so hot and we were sweating and covered in sun lotion.  I didn't like the thought of being like it all day and then on the flight too.  Really wanted to get everyone cleaned up.






The boys looked for some gold and precious stones and me and Oscar shot some hoops.






We handed the cars back and entered the airport.  We weren't allowed to take through all the water and some food so we ate lots of food and got rid of our drinks.  We also made Dad get rid of his favourite hat that was now stained and looking a bit worse for wear.



Our plane arrived a little late so we had to wait around but luckily there was WiFi and sockets so the boys could use their screens.






Flight home was smooth and uneventful apart from the fact that I got totally smashed and couldn't go to sleep as the plane was spinning!  They were trying to finish up opened bottles so I just wanted to help them out. 🤷Mum was passing hers to me too so I had double the amount of wine. 😳😪


Oscar was first off to the land of nod, followed shortly by Leo, but Ellis did that thing he does when he is really tired, fights it and talks without taking a breath. Poor Dad couldn't snooze because Ellis was constantly talking.  He finally dropped off about 2 hours before landing.  I on the other hand just ended up with a hangover.





The Dreamliner is a large plane and the runway at Bristol Airport is reasonably short for it, so when it overshot a little bit it had to slam the brakes on, which made them heat up so much that an alarm went off and this meant we were greeted at the gate by the fire brigade. 😱. The Captain reassured us about it all but it meant we were stuck on the plane until they had cooled the brakes.  It took ages and then our bags took a further 2 hours!  It was so frustrating and we weren't even offered a drink.  The boys were quite good though and we were eventually saying goodbye to Mum and Dad and catching the bus to our car.




My plan was to get them home and straight to school.  I wanted to get them through the first day by keeping them busy and then they could all have an early night.  They got into school by about 10:30am.

Grass had grown.

I was organised!

They had a great day at school telling their friends about their adventures and they were soon tucked up in bed.  I don't know if it helped with the jet lag or not. Took me a good week to feel "normal"again.




That was that.  Our 3 week holiday in Florida was over. 😢 Until the next time 😉


Right better get them to bed in 2020 now.  I'm one glass of wine down and there is a dribble left in the bottle which would be silly to leave it.  I'm planning a 10 minute meditation thing tonight and hopefully that will bring me back down a bit. 🤞. If it's any good I'll share it on here.  


It's still raining. 😊🌧🌧🌧🌧


Highlights today are, I didn't murder any snails or kids or hubby for that matter (PMT anyone!?), Leo did sex education at school so that lead to some fun conversations, Ellis is getting caught up and seems happier,  I did my nails and they aren't too bad, I've enjoyed the rain, clean bedding on tonight (although I haven't made it yet) and the boys let me paint their nails.  I'm sure there are more.


Survived another day, so far.  Rob's just having a Zoom chat with some friends.  The same friends I've organised for him to go and see for his birthday in July.  They are going to the Isle of Wight cycling and he'll love it, although maybe not the hills.


And I'm done 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails