Friday 9 March 2012

The Highway Rat

World book day arrived and I was eager to start the process of changing Ellis into the Highway Rat.  I didn't know how long it was all going to take and I did manage to get it done quite quickly so he had to wait a while before he could show everyone, and I was just jumping on him every 2 seconds to stop him from licking his lips, rubbing his nose etc.

Okay, so to start with I put on his purple leggings, which now had a tail attached thanks to Charlotte, made from pink tights stuffed with foam.  Then he had his black boots on that had felt extensions, again thanks to Charlotte.  Chloe's t-shirt was next followed by the now amended white top, which my Mum and taken in, shortened, adjusted the neckline and sleeves, and added elastic to make the cuffs.  Thanks again Mum, you did a wicked job.

I then did his face painting and I think it turned out quite good.  He was really good and sat nicely for me.





The final touches were a belt, with attached sword and sheath, a cape, loaned from Auntie Karen, thank you, and my hat I had painted 4 times with different black paints, carefully painted on gold glitter glue around the edges and went late afternoon shopping with 2 children to get a feather for.  I was very pleased with the result and thankful for my friends and family helping me out.  Don't worry it won't be happening again any time soon!





Dropping him off at school was fun.  Everyone was dressed up and they were all buzzing with excitement.  They all thought he was Puss in Boots though!  Haha.  I don't mind.  The Highway Rat is a relatively new book out, written by the same author that wrote The Gruffalo, Julia Donaldson.

Feeling left out Leo wanted to do some face painting.  I let him have a go at me and then he let me do him too which is amazing as he was freaking out to start with.  Unfortunately it would seem, surprisingly, that I don't have a picture of him.  Anyway, this is me, and I went to collect Ellis from school with it still on, cause I'm silly like that.


Later that afternoon, Ellis went back to school in his pyjamas and slippers, with his cuddly rabbit for hot chocolate and story time.  He loved it but really didn't understand it all.

I scrub up alright though I think, even if my hair colour went a bit wrong that day.



I had a really nice night out on the town.  Drank enough to be falling about but not ill which is perfect!  Sophie cooked a lush fry up the following morning.


My boys and I chilling at home and having a pyjama day, which doesn't actually happen that much anymore.













Oscar's turn to be ill.  Ellis was playing on the Wii and he came into the kitchen to tell me that there was a smell of sick in the living room.  I went in and it was everywhere!  Oscar had vomited under and around the television, then crawled in it and left a trail around the rug and across the living room!  Yuck!  His nappies were not good either.



He wasn't very well for a few days and I just knew I had to cancel his tea party and then his birthday party.  I was really sad and even shed a few tears about it.  I know that he doesn't care either way but it isn't the point.

I think maybe to cheer me up my hubby came home with some lovely flowers and a chocolate bar. A very nice surprise.


I stayed up really late to make sure that I did the same thing for Oscar as I had done for the other boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails