Sunday 11 March 2012

Oscar's 1!

The morning of Oscar's birthday started with the usual playing with the balloons.



We messed about at breakfast time, the boys eating cake, and then Oscar opened some presents and had a play.

















Lets get on with talking about Baba. Remember that was what he was called for about 2 weeks! How crazy that we couldn't name him. Poor thing.


What a year it has been!  I knew having 3 young boys would be a challenge, but wow!  It's pretty chaotic, noisy and constant work but I do love it.  Not all of it obviously.  I would love more hours in the day and more energy in my body and mind to get more things done but it is what it is.


I haven't really looked back over this year.  After Leo was born I often looked at pictures and videos from his birth but this time I suppose it wasn't what I wanted and not really the best experience in the world and I've just been too busy as you can tell from the lack of blogs!



Anyway, around Christmas 2009, Rob suggested (just after the picture below was taken) that having another with a similar age gap, would be a nice idea and so once Leo turned one, it took us 2 months of "trying" to get pregnant again.


Very shortened video of pregnancy test


I went from this...

0 weeks


to this...

12 weeks



then this...

20 weeks


...and finally this.

39 weeks

After it was discovered that the little bugger was breech, I went in to have a ECV (External cephalic version.) to turn him around. They wouldn't even attempt it as his cord was around his neck so I was booked in for a c-section on the 10th March.


D Day!

Still the wrong way around!

Final bump pic!


After some trouble getting me numbed up, and what seemed liked forever, he was born!  I can't find what time he was born! I need to get that.





After a short time in recovery we made it to the ward where we were in the bed opposite the bed I was in with Leo.


Rob came in with the boys but we didn't manage to get a full family picture as it was quite hectic and they didn't stay long, sadly.



Again I had to stay in hospital for a number of days to treat an unknown infection in Baba.  It's almost a blessing in disguise though as I got to rest and recover which was the best thing for me because as soon as I got home it was mental!




Just arrived home and Leo is licking everyone!


Family of 5!

I again tried to take monthly pictures of my baby which I pretty much managed but diary entries are few and far between unfortunately.  Here they are.













This is Leo at 1.




And Ellis at 1.




The boys





I love my boys so much I could burst.  They are my life, and always will be.  Love you babas. xxx

I did a one year video diary too.


After some more playing, I decided that it would be good to get some fresh air, so we decided to go out for a walk and a quick stop in the park.


We started off by walking along the cycle path for a while and went out on to a bridge over a main road.




Then we had a bit of a play in the park.













Back at home we sang Happy Birthday and the boys helped to blow out the candle.


Oscar received some lovely gifts and cards.  Thank you everyone.  I have done thank you letters but haven't sent them quite yet.





The day ended up being quite successful and it was finished off with a lovely play time in the bath.






The next day Rob was working so the boys and I just chilled out at home, making a mess and having fun.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails