Sunday 25 March 2012

The Beach!

Had a brilliant day today. It started early for me as the clocks went forward and Leo noticed the sun coming up on his clock, at 7am new time but 6am old time.  I couldn't not get up with him as it was morning on his clock.  Ellis was totally zonked and I got Leo without waking him up.

Leo and Oscar came downstairs for brekkie and Rob and Ellis slept in.

Ellis has his first ever tennis lesson this morning.  It started at 9am and Rob took him but I did have to wake both of them up.  Ellis was really sound asleep and it took me a while to get him up.  Such a shame the lesson was today as he could have done with the extra sleep.

While Rob and Ellis were out, I got everything ready for a day out by the beach.


We had a brilliant day.  We parked up, met up with Rob's work mate Mat, his wife Emma, and his 2 sons, Thomas (5) and Oscar (18 months).



We went straight on the pier and went on lots and lots of different rides.  Some good, some not so good and some great ones!





We stopped for a bite to eat, the kids played, we did some more rides, including the bumper cars with Leo who wasn't happy to go on but then wasn't happy to come off!









Next stop was the beach.  I wanted to have a walk along, see the donkeys etc but we ended up just setting up a base and the kids played and Oscar crawled around having a wicked time.  He totally loved it.  I thought he wouldn't like the sand but he wasn't bothered and was covered in wet sand, from head to toes.
















We said our goodbyes and packed up in the car and drove to a nearby McDonalds to get the boys some food.  They had run out of milkshakes and couldn't do ice-creams which I had promised the boys they could have.  Rob wanted to leave but I said we needed to feed them soon, as they would fall asleep in the car.

It was a struggle to get them fed and Oscar ended up covered in food again so I had to strip him down to his nappy!


We were stuck in a little bit of traffic as we left McDonalds and I kid you not, Leo said "Mummy, does that say Winter?".


Shocked is an understatement.  He is doing really well with all of his phonic sounds but I can only assume he recognises the word from our calendar at home.

I ended up driving home as Rob wasn't feeling well and by the time I got back, they were all asleep.  Rob stayed in the car while I tried to get the boys to the toilet, changed into their pyjamas and in bed.  Unfortunately Ellis woke up and then couldn't go back to sleep until nearly 8:30pm and I had to go up and down to him!  Leo stayed zonked while I changed him and put him to bed.  I woke Oscar up and bathed him as he was disgustingly dirty, which he loved of course.  He had a bottle then went straight back to bed.  He is such a good boy!

Rob went to bed straight away and I spent the rest of my evening blogging and sorting pictures.  I really enjoy doing that, much better than watching some rubbish on TV.

I think the boys will be up early again tomorrow, especially Leo as he was in bed early so I suppose I should get some sleep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails