Saturday 24 March 2012

Celebrations

I've been trying to get Oscar to feed himself a little bit and it hasn't been going that well.  While the boys were eating their lunch I grabbed the camera and messed around a bit.







The results of Oscar feeding himself.


I had help to clear up though which was great fun.


Shame the same can't be said for the play room!  We have a few toys now and they really need sorting out.  I need to get rid of the old, broken, really used, and baby toys to make way for all the new stuff that arrives each birthday and Christmas.  I love getting organised too.  It gives me a real buzz and makes me literally skip around the house! How sad am I!?


I've recently started to take Leo and Oscar swimming each week.  I bought them some wet suits which really really helps to keep them warm in the pool, and while I'm trying to sort things out when we get out.  The first time Leo wore his, he had pink cheeks in the changing room!  Usually he is white with very blue lips and it takes him the rest of the day to warm up.  I did try to use a poncho towel with him but he wasn't impressed.



I rearranged Oscars little tea party and there was plenty of cake to go around.  He had a few friends come over which was lovely, but I didn't take any pictures! I'm really bad at that now.


My other 2 boys are growing up fast!  They look bigger to me each day!  Ellis is really changing since starting school.  I think I've noticed it more since Christmas.


I got the camera out and I was about to take a picture of Ellis and Leo playing on the iPad, when Leo started to fidget.  I couldn't work out what he was doing.


Then I saw this!  How cute!




For Mummy day this year, I planned a family walk, so that way we all got to see each other, and the kids were entertained.  It's much better than going out for a meal as the children get bored and it causes stress.

My day started with breakfast in bed, brought up by all the boys in my life, along with a lovely card and cake.




The older boys had made stuff for me at school.  Ellis made a picture of me in a heart, and Leo had done a card, a soap swan, and picked out and helped to wrap a mug.






Always wanted one of these!

Leo is doing really well at school.  They all think he is really bright and recently he has started to read words.  He read AT and IT and loves doing phonic sounds.


Back to the walk, and it was a chilly day.  We all eventually met up in, or around the car park and had a lovely walk.  There was lots of messing around, paddling in puddles, running down slopes and just generally having fun.



















After the walk, everyone came back to our house for a drink and we sang to Oscar.


After some treats (Leo eating an ice cream) the boys had a warm bath and were soon tucked up in bed.




Oscar's Jolly Babies class has moved to a day where I have to take Leo with me.  It's not a problem as he sits like a big boy on his chair and participates quite well.  I'm thinking of starting him in a music class in September.



You would think from these pictures that they get on well together.  Well, you would be wrong.  They constantly squabble and fight over everything!  It is the worst part of my day, having to split them up, tell them off, tell them to stop it and be nice to each other.  It's really hard work and very draining.  If they didn't fight, life would be a lot easier.









Another day at school for Ellis =  another stamp from the headmistress!  Very proud of my biggest boy.


Chilling babies.



I have no idea why this happened!



Ellis' school celebrated its 50th anniversary, so yet again they had a fancy dress day.  I really couldn't be bothered this time after all the effort for The Highway Rat, so I cheated and just bought a 60's outfit online.




Thumb suckers.  All my boys have sucked their thumbs.  Oscar sucks his right, but both Ellis and Leo sucked their left.  Ellis stopped in September nearly 2 years ago, as he accidentally cut the top of his thumb at preschool and didn't like the taste of his dried blood.  I told him not to suck it until his baddy was better.  He asked me every day for ages if it was better and I just kept saying no and he soon gave up asking ;o)




Leo really is quite dependent on his.  I often see him sucking his thumb, not even as a comfort thing but just because.   Not sure how he will stop, but I can't cut his thumb, can I?



Oscar is growing and changing every day.  He watches everything and tries to mimic things, like putting on his shoes and socks.  I didn't really manage to capture it though.



I tried to get video of him sitting up watching TV.


As part of Ellis' school celebrations for their birthday, they had an evening party with only a few tickets going out to families.  Basically they could only sell 100 tickets, (that included children as young as Oscar,) but all the teachers had one, then the helpers/organisers and their families had some, so we were really lucky to get a family ticket.

I dressed the boys nice and smart and I really wanted to get a family photo but it just didn't happen.  Ellis found a friend from his class and he eventually plucked up the courage to run around the dance floor like the other children.  Leo was really good but so tired, and he eventually fell asleep and went in the buggy.  Oscar was really good sat in the buggy for ages but got out towards the end and crawled around.




Rob and I popped home and put Oscar and Leo to bed and then I went back to the party with Ellis.  He ran around a bit more and I helped to clear up at the end, which I enjoyed doing.

The next day we had another party to go to.  Austin, who was born a week after Oscar, was having a first birthday party.  Rob didn't go, so I ended up taking all 3 boys on my own.  I thought my Mum was going to be there to help me out but she turned up over an hour later!  I managed just fine though and I think the boys had a hoot!







We met up with Rob a little later so that we could go and look at cars.  Rob is going to take my Land Rover as his car and I'm going to get a new one.  We just can't decide what to get.  The problem being, that I can't decide what sort of thing we should go for.  If I'm honest with myself, I think I need a Mummy mobile for now but would like just a normal car that can fit us all in. Tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails