Monday 15 June 2020

Day 89 - Crazy Golf


Well this never happens...

I heard Leo get up early and go to the loo but I didn't realise he had gone back to bed, and asleep!  The world really has gone nuts! 😁

I left him there and went on my run and when I came back he had moved to the sofa but everyone else was still asleep.  I could tell it was going to be one of those mornings where I have to spoon feed him (sometimes literally) along.

Poor Oscar came downstairs looking pale and still teary and not himself.  I decided then that I wouldn't push the school work and we would have a chilled day.  He didn't want breakfast and was very tired.

Got Leo to school, late, but they let him in fine and the next pod of children hadn't arrived yet.  I emailed his teacher to explain why and that it might happen again.  They know Leo so it's not too big a deal.

Back at home I got Oscar dressed and we decided to go and post the birthday card for his friend Millie.  I thought the walk might do him good and also it's always a great opportunity for him to have my complete attention.  We found out Millie was going for a horse riding lesson at the local stables so we walked there instead which was even better as we got to see horses and be in the countryside a little bit.


Once home we did maths and literacy work, I showered and he chilled during lunch.  Ellis is still struggling to maintain his motivation to get his work done and it is a constant battle to keep him on track.  😤I know it's not the end of the world etc but it is important too.

A down day was also needed in Florida.  Mum and Dad wanted to go out exploring so we waved them off and chilled around the villa for a bit.




Bubble butt

We then also decided to go out and have a look around and the boys spotted several crazy golf places.  Not sure why we picked the one we did but we had a really good time doing something a little different.




















Rob hadn't done the food shop and was interested in looking around so in the morning me and Mum had written a shopping list and we took the boys to the shop.  Always interesting with 3 kids.😳

The face says it all 😂

We did a nice big food shop, bought some souvenirs, the boys bought some tat and we purchased tickets for Sea World.  Always a controversial choice and it wasn't quite sitting comfortably with me but I'm not using my blog for discussing things like that.

Early nights for everyone, and only 3 days left of the holiday! 3 weeks flew by!


For dinner tonight I am cooking this.  To keep Oscar away from screens and a way for us to spend more time together I asked him to be my helper.  He did a great job and said "cooking was fun actually." He did lots of weighing and helped slice up some vegetables.  He's a bit uncertain and needs lots of encouragement but he did it.




Had a chat with my Mum on FaceTime for half an hour and then decided to clean the little loo.  Gave that all a good scrub and then just kept going!  Cleaned for a couple of hours, you wouldn't notice mind you and I've just sat down with a fresh cuppa.  It's gone 7 and it won't be long before Rob will be on his way back and I'll have to do his dinner and clean that up. 😅


Going to have another shower later and get to bed at a good time hopefully.  Fingers crossed Oscar settles well tonight so I'm not up until midnight.


Highlights today were seeing horses, spending one on one time with Oscar, cooking a chicken hotpot, getting some well needed cleaning done and Primark is open! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails