Saturday 6 June 2020

Day 80 - MK2

I could have travelled around the world in a hot air balloon by now!  Or 40 times over if  I used planes. 🤷


Going to bore you with yet more running stuff but it was an achievement for me today.  I set out with no expectations, going on the longer route, listening to new music and just arguing away in my head.  I felt good, nothing really hurting apart from a burning pelvis but I'm pretty good with pain so can ignore it.  I just kept going, didn't check my watch to see how far I had been until I was nearly home, 6.56 miles, my furthest ever distance, but I felt okay so carried on a bit more doing the slightly longer loop home which made it 7.02miles in an hour 16 seconds which is awesome and I'm well chuffed with that.


I sorted breakfast for the boys as Rob was still sleeping and then Kelly, not with a Pug but a Chihuahua, came round and we went for a walk to the shops and back.  It was freezing!  It was lovely though and it was great to have a catch up.  Having to zig-zag between cyclists and other walkers/runners was quite tricky at times and at one point our arms skimmed each other! 😱. It was so strange and hilarious how we felt about it!


When I got home no one had moved, including Rob who was still in bed and didn't realise I was back until about an hour later 😁


It was lunch time, again, and I was sorting and clearing up food, again.  It feels never ending! It pretty much is to be honest.  I had a shower and FaceTimed my Saskia while resting on the bed and by the time I got downstairs again both Oscar and Leo were asking for more food! Well Leo doesn't ask he just gets but Oscar was asking for a cheese sandwich at 3:30pm!  Um, no.


I chilled, well actually I was very bloody chilled after my walk so the shower warmed me up and I put on jeans, vest, jumper and fluffy socks!  Felt very over dressed considering I've been living in shorts and dresses for the last few weeks.  Still need to buy some new clothes as nothing is really fitting any more, but I just can't be bothered.


Grump's birthday today so Ellis and Rob cycled down to his house to post a card and to wish him Happy Birthday.  The moment they left the heavens opened and I really thought they would turn back but they didn't.  They will probably arrive home hungry and cold in a bit.


I'm going to hopefully finish the blog tonight and get to bed early and I plan to lie in bed tomorrow morning, but I probably won't. 😂


Back to Magic Kingdom!  Another jam packed day and we stayed late to watch the laser and firework show on the castle.  It really was magical and we all loved it.  Rob was great at getting us a brilliant position in amongst the crowd.  Dad wasn't happy about weaving through people to get there but we made him and he was soon okay with it.  It rained a lot that day, with lightning so lots of things were stopped and we didn't get to see the parade properly which was a bit sad to miss out on.  😢












Lunchtime and we couldn't get a big enough table together. Can you spot Mum?

















After the jungle boat ride there was a lightning storm and everyone headed inside, so we had a really long wait to do The Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  We'd already done it on our first day here but there was nothing else to do that was close by and open.  Luckily there are lots of things to keep you interested as you wait, plus I gave the boys lots of snacks.  The actual, real, Johnny Depp was in the park while we were on holiday there and played his character on the ride for real! Unfortunately we missed out on that.












After we had some food we managed to get a FastPass for Space Mountain.  I love that ride and remember it well from when I was kid so was super excited to do it with my boys.  Rob, Mum or Dad didn't want to do it so we used their FastPass to go back on it again straight away after.  Loved it over and over again.




Beauty and the Beast attraction.  It was so much better than I thought it was going to be.





























Rob and Ellis were indeed hungry and cold.  I put some food in the oven for Ellis and popped to the fish and chip shop for Rob.  Luckily I was the only one there so went in and out really quickly.


Right, I'm done for the day.  Done in and done.  Glass of vino tonight maybe 🤔


Nothing planned for tomorrow yet.  I have a few things to get back to people so might go and deliver those, alone. 😊


Grateful for friends who regularly message me.  Looking forward to watching some TV tonight.😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails