Friday 9 November 2007

Baby Sitters

Last night I woke up at 10:30 and Mummy was shocked. She managed to get me back to sleep but I think she is now a bit worried about tonight as she is going out and I am having baby sitters for the first time.

We went swimming today with Nanny Rennolds and Cousin Chloe. Auntie Katie and Cousin Kamron were ill so we had the whole pool to ourselves. We were in the pool for a long time which was really good fun but I did get quite cold towards the end.

After swimming we made our way into town to meet up with Mummy's friends from work. We all went to the Slug And Lettuce and had a really nice time.








Mummy was trying to make me look silly I'm sure, but I think I look rather cool.


We made our way home where Mummy was just running around the house like a mad woman trying to get everything organised for tonight.

Wayne and Nic turned up to take care of me and they all tucked into a Chinese takeaway before giving me my bath. Mummy let me sit up tonight and I felt like a grown up.


Mummy fed me whilst Daddy got ready and then she settled me into bed as always. Mummy will now take over as I was asleep and didn't know what happened next.

Rob and I were off to Jaimie's 30th birthday party in town. I was looking forward to going out and not worried about Ellis at all. I was more worried about Wayne and Nic.


I still haven't got my old figure back yet so had to wear my half way maternity clothes. A bit depressing really but never mind.

The venue was really nice, not too big so it was easy to mingle with everyone. I met up with another Nic who I went to the active labour class with and we had a good natter about how things were going etc.

Jaimie and her family seemed to have a nice time, as did everyone else. Here are some pictures from the party.

Lucy, Jaimie, Ang and Dave

Kate

Rob

Kate licking Rob's ear

My Mum, Jeff, me and Lucy

Sue and Sue

Lucy, me and Kate

My Dad and Mum, Ray and Sue

Jaimie had a cake and I actually missed the singing of Happy Birthday as I was in the toilet. Here is the speech she made after.


We left at around 11:15 and got home to Wayne and Nic chilling on the sofa.

Wayne told us that he went up to check on Ellis but when he got to the cot, the baby was gone! Someone had stolen Ellis. He soon realised that Ellis was in the moses basket in our room and not in his cot in his bedroom. I laughed for ages.

We were very grateful to Wayne and Nic for looking after him so well, even changing his bum when he was asleep. They have a new job for life now, well until their little one arrives in May.

Chatting to Nic about her pregnancy is really making me feel broody again. I loved being pregnant and even though the birth wasn't what we planned, I would do it all again tomorrow.

Rob and I had a quick chat with our friends in Italy, Sonia and Matteo, who were married last week and are going travelling next week. They have been really busy packing. Here is a lovely picture of them on their wedding day.


It was late by the time I went to bed. Ellis was sound asleep.

1 comment:

  1. what a nice time we had, and didn't mummy look great, very fetching in her black and white. Nanny had a good time too with her best friend Sue H, and also with Grandad R. We like parties. x x x x

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails