Sunday 30 December 2007

Christmas Holiday

Where do I start?

Christmas Eve was spent getting ready for the big day. Mummy was busy wrapping presents and sorting out all the things that we would need to take with us to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house. Daddy went out shopping for some last minute presents for Mummy and I sat using the laptop for a while.





In the late afternoon we met up with Simon, Tilly, Ethan, Wayne, Nic, bump, and Drew. We were supposed to be meeting up to have some food but it took us nearly an hour to find somewhere to go that could accommodate all of us, without having to wait a further hour for a table. We were soon to discover that the pub had now stopped serving food! AH!







Christmas morning arrived and I had to be woken up by Mummy as she wanted to get started with opening some presents. We sat in bed together and I started opening my stocking gifts. It was really good fun and I got loads of nice things. A few of them were, a cover for my new passport, matching luggage tag, musical hammer, a farm animals book, and a mini maraca.




Once we had finished the stocking, Mummy rushed downstairs to put the Christmas tree lights on and then we all proceeded to sit around the tree and open more presents! Mummy cut her finger on the first present she opened from Daddy, which was 2 glass chopping boards. She also received a cardigan, a CSI computer game, Galaxy hot chocolate drink, shower scrub, Clinique moisturiser, selection box, tub of ice-cream and a crossword book.

From me Mummy got a baby grow and bib saying I love Mummy. I later heard Mummy telling Daddy that it reminds her of when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball!

Daddy got lots of things too, slippers, 2 jumpers, a flask, a book, an ice scraper, a computer game, and a mug from me saying I love my Daddy.

I got loads! Teddies, toys, books, puzzles, and clothes.

I forgot to mention that not all of the above was opened in the morning as time was slipping away and we needed to get to Nanny Rennolds' house by 11.

We arrived at Nanny's house right on time. No one else had arrived yet so we sat around waiting for the others. They arrived not long after us and we immediately started opening yet more presents. There were hundreds of them under the tree and I got to open a few with Mummy and a few with Daddy. My favourite gift was a wooden lorry with coloured blocks.

It was manic at Nanny's. Chloe was opening everything, even stuff that wasn't hers! There was wrapping paper, bows and boxes all over the floor. It was good fun though.

Mummy put me down for a nap after all that excitement and when I woke up, well, when I was woken up by Mummy, dinner was on the table.


Christmas lunch was as mad as the present opening. Everyone was telling jokes and laughing at how rubbish they were. We had to eat quick though as we were due down Nanny George's house by 3:15.



We packed up the car and arrived at Nanny George's house a bit after we originally said. It was pretty close though.

Mummy and Daddy were starting to feel very unwell so just sat on the sofa while I opened some more presents, yes more presents, from Nanny and Granddad George and Uncle Dave.

I had my afternoon nap in Mummy's arms while everyone else played a TV game.

We left at around 6:30 to get home in time for me to have my bath and to go to bed. I was in bed by 7:15 and Mummy and Daddy were in bed by 7:30.

Boxing Day was spent with Mummy in bed and Daddy taking care of me. They would then take it in turns being the one in bed. Mummy was coughing really badly. The coughing got so bad and her temperature was so high that Daddy phoned NHS direct and they suggested that Mummy call the out of hours doctor, which she did. This then meant a trip up to the local hospital to get some antibiotics as Mummy has a chest infection.

27th December, was the same as Boxing Day except for a trip out to a local pub to meet up with our friends Pam and Rob from Canada. We had such a lovely time catching up and I got some amazing presents too. I received a plate, cup, spoon, bib and a Canadian money box with real Canadian coins in it!



Daddy had a trip to the doctors too and received some antibiotics as well.

Mummy put me in my big bed for the first time, thinking I would be less disturbed by her and Daddy coughing all the time. Well she was right as I slept from 7:30 until 4:30am. The only thing was, was that I didn't go back to sleep after that.

28th December, I started to feel unwell today. I had a temperature, cough, runny nose, and a croaky throat. I spent the day snoozing on Mummy and Daddy's lap.





I was taken to the doctors and they listened to my chest and told me that it sounded clear.

At night when I was sleeping, Daddy got worried about my breathing so we made another visit to the local hospital at 10:30pm to get me checked out. The doctor agreed that I was really hot and I had a lot of mucus trapped but that it wasn't on my chest. Mummy and Daddy just have to keep me cool and fill me up with Calpol.

29th December, again we just spent the day at home. Mummy and Daddy only finished opening their presents yesterday so today they started to tidy up the house and put all the new things away.

We all did really well for presents this year. Thank you to everyone who bought me a gift. I love them all.

30th December, I was feeling slightly better today. I lounged in my chair playing with my new toys, while Daddy cleaned the oven and Mummy pottered around the house.



In the afternoon Nanny and Granddad Rennolds came over and brought with them a huge box of goodies for Mummy and Daddy to enjoy. Mummy was really pleased with this as she felt that she had missed out over Christmas.

Nanny and Granddad have been ill too but it was so nice to see them.

I had my bath with my new toys but I just wasn't enjoying it for some reason. I was put in bed after a quick feed and I slept for about an hour. Around 8:30pm I woke up and Mummy could not get me to go to sleep in my crib. She put me down on her bed and I fell asleep straight away. I know its naughty but I need the comfort at the moment. I'm sure Mummy will be putting me back in my big bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails