Sunday 2 December 2007

A Weekend Of Firsts

Wow, what a busy weekend we had.

Saturday morning we went to the village hall to see if there were any nice Christmas things to buy. Well, we were very disappointed as there was hardly anything there. Mummy bought a cake and some raffle tickets and we bumped into Debs and Steve from Jolly Babies.

There was a Santa Grotto but we are seeing Santa tomorrow so Mummy decided not to go into this one. Instead she just took a photo of me looking like an elf.



Sally and Anna were there too so we stopped in the cafe for a cup of tea and a flapjack. Anna and I enjoyed the chat.



From here we ran through the rain, back to the car and then off to do some shopping. We were out for hours and Mummy even ended up feeding me in the car.

We eventually got back home and Mummy and Daddy sat down to dinner with me by their side in my high chair. It was the first time in the chair and I had my spoon and cup too. It was very exciting but I'm not quite ready for it.





After dinner I was bathed and put to bed but I was not happy. I screamed the house down for about 40 minutes before Daddy finally got me to sleep. I couldn't suck my thumb and settle myself to sleep as my nose was all blocked up.

Sunday morning arrives and Mummy had to wake me up early so that we could get ready to leave for Wookey Hole.

First stop was Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house so that we could meet up with Uncle Craig and his family and Auntie Katie and her family.

On the way down to Cheddar the weather was horrible.



We eventually arrived and I was put into my buggy for the first time, another first, and it was well cosy.



We were soon to find out that we weren't allowed to take the buggy through the caves so I was transferred into the sling with Mummy which is just as cosy.



At the entrance to the park we had a cup of tea in a cafe and then headed on to the small animal farm.







There was a free carousel and Chloe, Charley and Morgan all hopped on for a ride. Also on board was this giant elf who looked really funny and was trying to play tricks on Grandad Rennolds.





We then went to meet Santa for the first time - there we go again. There was a long queue of people but we waited patiently and took some photos and videos to pass the time.







We eventually got to see Santa. It was amazing. He looked so funny, but nice. I even sat down by him with Mummy and I got a gift, a teddy. Mummy asked Santa for a PlayStation 3 and a full nights sleep for Christmas. I'm sure she will get one of those soon enough.





After Santa we sat and had a snack before heading off towards the caves.

It was quite a long walk but we eventually made it. It was dark and damp in the caves but I was with Mummy so I was OK. Kamron on the other hand was very tired and didn't like it at all. In the end Mary and Derek took him back out of the caves.

We walked through the caves and Mummy held on to the hand rails very tightly. We were unable to take any good pictures so Mummy did a short video.



As we exited the caves, there was a lovely waterfall and we took some pictures.





Then there was the dinosaur park. There was this huge gorilla called Murdock, and Mummy told Nanny to go under him and she would take a picture. Mummy must have said something funny or rude as it made Nanny laugh.





Daddy and Nanny stood behind these statues and Mummy took a funny photo. I then suddenly started to feel hungry, not sure why.



We then took the long walk back towards the paper mill. Mummy took a picture of us.



In the mill we sat down for a short rest and took a couple of photos.





We went through the penny arcade and Daddy took a sneaky picture without us knowing.



We then went through the paper mill and for some reason there was a box named after Nanny. Very weird.



We saw some very strange things in the mill. In one mirror it looked like my legs had been really stretched.



Chloe went on this ride and looked like she was having loads of fun. Mummy tried to take a nice picture of her but this is what she got.



We had a quick look around an old teddy museum before going to get some food.



After a short car journey we arrived at a restaurant. We all sat together on this massive table which was really nice.







We set about having a lovely meal and I had nice cuddles from Daddy.



I got really tired as I hadn't been able to snooze in the sling earlier. This meant that I was a bit grumpy. Daddy finally got me to sleep.



I soon made his arms ache though and he had to rest on a lectern.



I was soon rudely awoken by everyone singing Happy Birthday to Auntie Karen who was 40 today. I didn't mind obviously.



After waking up I spent some time chatting to Daddy and watching Kamron and Chloe playing with Grandad and Nanny.







It was getting late so we packed up and made our way home. I slept most of the way, and as soon as we got in I was bathed, fed and put to bed again. I went to sleep much better than last night, not surprising really considering what we have been up to. Hopefully we will have a peaceful day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Mush, keep it up. Its fun to read, and great photos. x x

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails