Friday 29 May 2020

Day 72 - Disney

Well I'm sorry to bore you with yet another run story but this morning I dragged my arse out of bed, stuck my new ear buds in and headed out for my usual 5k run, but today I decided I was going to go a different route.  I ended up just going and going and going.   Eventually I thought I might as well just do a 10k now so I turned around at just over 5k and made my way home.  I think because I went out with no expectations and I was listening to music, singing, and thinking about stuff I managed to just get on with it.  So much so in fact that I ended up beating my PB!  Quite chuffed with that.


Didn't do JW as obviously I'd already done enough for one day.  All the boys were up when I got back and Rob was asking for tea and breakfast too so I sorted everyone out before I went for a shower.


It's felt like a very long day today.  The boys have been really good, playing nicely together in the pool and gaming.  They've spent a lot of time chatting to friends online today too.





I FaceTimed with Mum and checked in with some friends over Whatsapp, did blogging and the usual scrolling through social media, which is starting to get on my nerves.  I also sat in the garden reading my book and it's so good! I am nearly at the end and I didn't see the twist that was coming, it gave me goosebumps!  I hope they turn it into a film.  Will try and finish it tonight and I'm actually looking forward to starting a new book.


I watched a bit of the Take That performance on Youtube and put the boys to bed before doing a bit more blogging.  



3 years ago today we were in Florida, we had set off and arrived the day before on the Dreamliner which was exciting. I am not a great flyer.  I do it but it's not something I relish doing and I try really hard not to show the kids how I feel.  I mean they can see my neck is red and blotchy but I try my best.  Our flight wasn't until 11:30am so we didn't have to rush out the house at stupid o'clock in the morning.
  


















It was a good flight until we reached the coast of America and we then had a bumpy ride until we landed.  The kids were great and we spent most of the flight eating and drinking!

We picked up our hire cars and worked out how to get to the villa.  It was a long drive but we were soon checking in and the boys were straight in the pool while we unpacked.



Our first meal.



Wore this to bed last night :)

We were all very excited but tired but that didn't stop me dragging them all out the following morning to go to the busiest park on one of the hottest days.  Little did we know that it would be the only day with no rain! It almost killed mother, but we managed to get quite a lot done and the fast passes that I had organised worked a treat!











Loads of people stopped me to ask about the MM hats, from H&M



Leo ducked, Grandad got hit in the face with huge wave!
















Get that out your head!


Love this pic.






We made it through the day, just.  The boys hit the pool when we got back, Mum and I sorted dinner and I got the packed lunches done for the following day.  If we ever did this holiday again I would do a few things differently, one of them being the food.  We have a couple of fussy eaters so I thought it would be easier to make their lunches and take them to the parks but it was so much extra work.  It wouldn't kill them to live off chips for 3 weeks would it?






I hadn't planned on writing about Disney on here but makes sense to I suppose as nothing much else going on and Mum and Dad probably haven't seen half the pictures or videos of their time there.  It's a lot of work and takes up a lot of time, so I'll see.  Really need to get my head in the present though and start doing things here.

I did end up finishing my book at bedtime. It was really good but I didn't like a bit of the ending because it was unfair, but that's why they wrote it like that.  I've now started The Chimp Paradox.  You know some light lockdown reading!

Saturday tomorrow, no plans other than to get a run done and make sure kids aren't on screens all day!  I really should do some jobs but just can't get into gear for it.  Feel a duvet day coming on but with the weather being so nice I feel I need to be out.  I'm like a pushmi-pullyu and I end up going nowhere!  I need to crack on with this thing called life!

Mum sent me this video of me on my birthday talking to my sister on my watch, I didn't even know she was taking it, cheeky monkey!


I look like a right poser!  It was a lovely day, hopefully have a few more like it soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails