Monday 11 May 2020

Day 54 - Hole in 1

I'm trying hard to stay off the news and social media as much but with the speech yesterday I've been pulled towards it to see what people are saying.  I hate the whole FB rants about this and that and everyone is suddenly an expert.  I think some people have lost the use of common sense and being able to think for themselves.   I'm sure more will become clearer over the coming days but for now I'm just trying to focus on the day ahead of me which is home schooling 3 boys who at various times don't want to do any of it.  Which is fine and I understand but Leo has been particularly difficult today.  Breathe!


I'm sure some people will struggle more today.  I know I feel a little bit confused and uncertain as I've been picking and biting my skin around my nails like crazy, but nothing has really changed for us.  I think it also dawns on you how long this is actually going to be going on for and that can be quite depressing.  The boys all still need homeschooling, Rob can still work from home and I'm lucky that I don't have to juggle a job and look after the boys/man.  So business as new usual really.  Counting my blessings and being grateful for lots of things.

I didn't feel up to running this morning.  Felt sluggish and sick but I made myself go and even did the Joe Wicks when I got back.  It was a tough one today but glad I did it.  Didn't end up feeling invigorated though, feel more like I need a bath (don't even like them) and bed with my book.  It's just one of those days where I could do with a break from everyone with some peace and quiet.  Have to pick the food shop up later so will use the journey time in the car as some time out time.

I've worked out that it's quite easy for me to add old photos to the blog through my Google Pics and I think I might try and look back at last year to see how it compares.  Maybe not even one year, might go back a few.  So, 11th May last year was a Saturday and me and mum took the boys to the local crazy golf.  We had a lovely time and the boys are always so good at looking after their nanny.  Obviously we are all very competitive and it gets a bit serious at times with keeping score but we all had fun.  Leo got 2 hole in ones!








Kids are doing my head in today.  Constant arguing with me, talking over me, and just general attitude!  2 of them have lost screens today for fighting on the trampoline and just general rudeness.  This then puts them in a mopey mood and you end up thinking why do I bother!?  Might as well just let them have screens so that they'll be happy and quiet and I can have a break.  I will not give up today though as I don't want it to carry on into tomorrow.  I might also need to review the "school" day.  They seem to be getting everything done so quickly and it means I'm then padding them out with stuff, and I'm just questioning if it is necessary or how I can do things a bit differently.  Will work on it.

Off to get the food shop soon, exciting! 

2 hours later...

...that was a huge food shop, put away, dinner done and cleared up.  Just having a 5 minute sit down before the next mammoth task of putting the boys to bed.  I'm zonked.  Really feeling it today.  I keep sighing and my hands are so sore I might have to put lots of plasters on them and will end up looking like Michael Jackson.

It's quarter past 7 and I would normally be zooming down the ring road, singing and excited about seeing the netball girls and getting to chuck a ball around for an hour.  I've thought about going in the garden and just having a go on my own but it's not the same and the wind is bloody freezing.  I think we were planning a Zoom catch up tonight but everyone seems to be busy, or can't be bothered which is a perfectly good reason too.


My bed is calling me.  I have such a long list of things to do, or could do but I don't have the time or energy half the time to do them.  I need some new clothes but I just can't be bothered to scroll through and try to choose something and then wonder what size to get and then have to arrange to send it all back.  We could do with some garden furniture but I just can't pick, there are so many.  First World problems I know.  Just having a whinge.

I did do some Snapchat pictures today though.






Today I have learnt that I don't actually like Wood Pigeons.  I love all animals but for some reason they just get on my nerves.  Might be just today and I'll be back to liking them tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to the day when a vaccine is working and easily available and I'm grateful we now have some food in the house, although not for long at the rate these locusts go through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails