Tuesday 19 May 2020

Day 61 - Mental Health

If I wake up any earlier then there won't be much point in me going to sleep! πŸ˜‚   Up and out early and when I got home it was warm enough to sit in the garden for a bit.  It's going to be really hot tomorrow so going to have to go out early so I don't melt!  As I guessed, Ellis didn't come with me but has asked me to wake him tomorrow. We'll see.  Be warned, sweaty picture of me with no filter! 😊


Rob's sorted out our internet recently and it now works in the garden so it was nice to chat to Mum and Dad on Facetime this morning while listening to the birds and feeling the breeze.  I love the outdoors.

Today is the first day of Mental Health Awareness Week and the theme is kindness, something we can all do with and not just during a pandemic.  We constantly talk to our boys about the importance of being kind to everyone but we also need to remember to be kind to ourselves.


I had a chat with Leo tonight about mental health and that it needs looking after just like your body does and that just because you can't see that it is in pain or struggling, doesn't mean that it isn't. I told him that it was okay and that there are special doctors who help to take care of it the same way there are doctors to take care of your body.  I explained that just like our bodies, our mental health isn't always 100% well and there are things we can do to help it.  So at bedtime tonight I got Oscar and Leo to listen to a bedtime meditation story.  They both really enjoyed it and I've heard that it actually takes practice before you can truly appreciate it, so I'm going to try and get them to do it regularly.


I also downloaded a couple of self care apps for me to try out as I am the worst at being able to shut off/calm my thoughts.  There are also some good things to use here.

It's been during this strange time that mental health has been mentioned a lot between friends.  It gets brought up during most conversations and I'm very lucky that I have very supportive and understanding people around me.  We all share our thoughts and feelings and try to encourage and listen to each other.  There are plenty of memes going around to keep you motivated and positive and they get shared around on a daily basis.






This one probably sums up how most people have been feeling and sometimes it might be every minute and not every day.


There is so much more I could write about mental health but I will leave it with this video.  Just look out for each other, send virtual hugs, smile, stay calm, reach out, listen, talk, check in, breathe, do a random act of kindness and make sure you are kind to yourself too. ❤️

Right, so, back to last year as nothing else happened today.

Our first full day in Centre Parcs usually starts in exactly the same way.  The boys bury their heads in their screens instead of looking out in to the woods, checking out the wildlife, building dens, getting muddy, you know kid stuff.


Then we always head straight for a swim. It was quite tricky being outnumbered, 6 kids and 4 adults but we all muddled in and helped each other out.  We took turns watching kids so that others could do the slides etc and it worked out brilliantly and everyone had a lovely time.



After lunch back at the lodges we usually head down to the sports hall where the kids took part in the roller disco.  Oscar loves it and Leo isn't far behind.




Mum and Dad have always been keen badminton players and played for a club for many years, so it's always nice to see them doing something they enjoy together.   It's actually where they met, on a badminton court.




When we are on holiday the kids can stay up later than normal but we still managed to have some adult time, with a 13 year old Chloe too.😊




Center Parcs is exhausting but so much fun and we always make lovely memories there.  Can't wait to go again.  Well will obviously have to wait but you know what I mean.

Only 2 Snapchat pictures for you today.  Bet you're disappointed.πŸ˜‰


It's only 1:40am. πŸ™€  I really need to work on this self care thing and start getting to bed a bit earlier. I am enjoying blogging again at the moment though and like I've said before the videos take ages to process.  To be honest, I could just have a lie in tomorrow, not do school work and just chill in the garden all day, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  See being kinder to myself already.  😜Better go to bed now though.  Thankfully I'm already showered.πŸ‘πŸ˜΄πŸ˜˜

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails