Thursday 28 May 2020

Day 71 - Spice Girls

Did the usual jog and JW but this time I used my new ear buds and listened to some music.  I enjoyed having the music on and it was an added distraction, but I need to be a bit more selective over what I'm actually listening to as some of it can be a bit emotive and can actually be detrimental to being able to run!


Another morning of pottering about doing various chores that never seem to make that much difference to the overall state of the house.😏

The boys have been growing so much over the last couple of months.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that I don't realise how much time has passed or that they are just having a massive growth spurt but their clothes aren't fitting any more.  I bought a few bits for Leo for his birthday but Ellis really couldn't wait until August for his.  His favourite new item is this white hoodie.  He loves it and pretty much lives in it.😊
 

I had arranged to meet up with Saskia for a sit and chat in the local park but I didn't realise that Rob had to go to a meeting and would be out for the afternoon.  So we changed it to her coming to our garden instead and I pretty much clock watched until she arrived, dead on 2pm.


Before she arrived I had kicked Ellis and Leo out on their bikes for an hour.  I could have sent Oscar too but thought that might be a bit too much to ask of Ellis.  Oscar still isn't himself anyway so I left him lying on the sofa watching TV and not gaming for a change.

Saskia and I had a drink in the sun and put the world to rights.  We haven't "seen" each other since March! I couldn't believe it had been that long, probably because we FT a lot.  We both agreed it was nicer being in a back garden rather than a public park.


I've finally found some garden furniture I would like to order and I actually picked it by myself! Rob couldn't (probably still doesn't) believe that I had.  Just waiting for him to give it the thumbs up so that I can place the order.  It probably won't arrive until September, or will be out of stock and I'll have to pick again. First World problems!


The boys spent the afternoon in and out the pool and I did some blogging as I'm really behind and there is so much I want to post about.  It takes time though and interruptions mean it takes a lot longer as I quite often forget what I was putting, wanted to put etc.  I do notes but sometimes I don't even know what the notes were about.😂  I'm also very mentally distracted most of the time.🙄



Rob didn't get home until nearly 7:30pm and I had his dinner and a cup of tea waiting.  He looked washed out and shattered.  After he had eaten and chilled for a bit he went for a shower and we both agreed he needed to get more sleep and a break from work.  I think working from home means he just never stops as there is no separation any more.  He has always worked in the evenings and on weekends but usually enjoys doing that, but this is a bit different as the hours just roll on and on and he has barely left the little front room.  It was agreed that he wouldn't be allowed any screens after 10 and that he could only read his Kindle.  I was a bit late, but I took all his screens, including his phone off of him and left him in peace.  He was sleeping star fished across the bed when I came up a couple of hours later.😊👍

So, the Spice Girls.  The day after my 40th last year me and Saskia caught the train to Cardiff to go and see them.  The only other concert I've been to was Britney Spears, many, many years ago so I was really looking forward to it.

We got there early and headed straight to the bars.  The place was heaving and such an atmosphere.  We got glitter put on our faces and had beer after beer.  We even met up with Sophie and Kathy for a drink which included shots!  By the time we were showing our tickets to go in to the stadium I was quite tipsy (understatement).















As soon as we were in we headed to the front and did the thing where you pretend you're trying to get to your mates who are waiting for you by the stage.  We managed to get reasonably close in the end.






The weather all day had been fab and we had sat in the sun drinking beer and loving it, but by the time Jess Glynn had finished and the Spice Girls actually arrived it was tipping down and we got soaked!


Between the two acts though I went to the loo and got us both a beer.  I stupidly didn't think about actually finding Saskia on my return.  By the time I was on my way back it was both dark, tipping down, I was well drunk and trying to carry two £10 plastic cups filled with yet more beer.  I walked through the crowd shouting for Saskia but couldn't find her for ages!  I could see the Spice Girls on the stage so headed towards that general direction, but just as I glimpsed the back of Saskia's head I managed to ram this poor girl who ended up wearing half of the beer!  Ooops.  I laughed obviously, she wasn't that impressed.😂😏


I missed the intro because I was busy trying to get through the crowd.  Luckily Saskia videoed it for me.  Didn't miss much though.









One of my favourite bits of the show was when all our bracelets that we were given when we entered started to flash different colours.  Loved it!





Once the show had finished there was a mad dash to the exit.  I grabbed Saskia's hand and went.  Bless her she was dragged through the crowds and we legged it as fast as we could to the train station, we still had to wait but there was a good atmosphere while we were there. On the train on the way home I sang Disney songs for everyone, I'm sure they appreciated it.  A great day making fab memories.  My head felt it the next day but it was worth it.

Wonder what we'll do tomorrow.🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails