Monday 25 May 2020

Day 68 - Birthday Eve

Up early ✅
Jog✅
Joe Wicks✅
Fed everyone✅
Chores✅
Shower ✅
Snapchat ✅

I've had such a lovely, busy, social Bank Holiday Monday.  Birthday Eves are always hectic with friends trying to get stuff to you and on this Birthday Eve I have to organise Leo's too.

I met up with Zoe for a dog walk around the local area which was lovely and we bumped into a couple of families while we were out so we talked to them too.  We did know them. 😂


Next up was a few more chores and lunch.  Then our gardener came over.  It's the best money we spend 👍😁  He was here for a few hours and sorted everything out apart from the lawn in the back garden as it is covered with the pool!


Then at 3pm my Karen came round to collect me and we went to the park to sit and drink beer like a couple of hobos.   I could get used to this!  Sitting in the sun, having a cold beer, chatting to me mate about tons of stuff pre Covid, post Covid (if there is such a thing) and tons of other stuff.  Could have stayed there much longer but purposefully only took 2 beers.  Can't wait for the next time!💕


I had a massive check list of things that needed doing in the afternoon.  Rob went to pick up the food shop and while he was doing that I was working through it.


It's usually on this day every year that Rob has to pop to the shops unexpectedly, which is because he hasn't got me anything yet, I hope he was a bit more organised this year.  Last year he took the boys up the Mall, all three of them on his own, crazy fool!😱


Also last year I was about to turn 40.  My parents came over to have dinner and brought a gorgeous cake, balloon, huge badge and my birthday gift.  I was totally spoilt and I loved every minute!💖


As I was pottering about I heard a funny sound coming from the side gate.  On investigation I found my sister-in-law Nicky and my lovely niece Elin who had come as a surprise to bring up birthday stuff for me and Leo.  Such a lovely surprise and the boys were so excited to see them.🥰


It was so lush to see them.  Last time we were together was Christmas!  I gave Elin a lecture on staying in college, which I hope works, the boys entertained in the pool and on the trampoline and Nicky and I caught up with all the family stuff.  They didn't stay long and I was soon putting the food shop away.

I made the turkey burgers again and started on yet another banana loaf as the bananas needed using up.  I could just eat them rather than make a sugar filled cake.🤔

Rob put the boys to bed, but I started a tradition a few years ago of taking pictures with the boys the night before their birthdays as the last picture being at the younger age.  This is mine and Leo's this year.




Finally got the kids to bed, Ellis at 10:30pm and I set up the living room with banners, balloons and birthday presents.


Leo doesn't like cake but chose this one for Oscar. 😍


11 years ago I went to my parents house, in labour, to celebrate my 30th birthday.  Lots of family members were there, Mum and Dad had put on a huge spread of food and I sat on my birthing ball bouncing up and down, breathing and eventually using my TENS machine.  



By 8pm that evening I called over BIL to look after Ellis and we went in to the hospital.  At 5:29am on my 30th birthday my little Leo arrived into this crazy world.




Best birthday present ever.

I will try and blog tomorrow but I think I'll probably be too full up, too drunk, too tired and it will be too late.

I'd best go to bed. It's only 1am, but I'm enjoying listening to some tunes and reminiscing.  This blog was majorly rushed tonight as I've been so busy, but all good stuff.  Really looking forward to tomorrow and hope it all goes well.🤞🎂

I miss my Nan and Grandad.  I miss them all the time but especially when there are birthdays, Christmas etc.  Wish they were here, could do with an ear bashing from me Nan followed by a squishy hug from Grandad. Love you ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails