Friday 8 May 2020

Day 51 - VE Day

Happy VE day!

I went for a run and dragged Rob out for a bike ride too.  We left the boys at home and just went together which was really nice.  We were gone less than an hour and the boys hadn't moved at all when we got back.

I showered and did lunch for everyone before having a read in the garden.  What a lovely day.  I could hear music and people chatting all around and there was definitely a buzz in the air.  A few of the neighbours had put up bunting and were all gathered in their front gardens, drinking and eating.  No one from my house wanted to join in and I didn't fancy it on my own.

I don't really know where the day went.  Rob spent a good bit of his afternoon setting up the new pool for the boys as Leo has been desperate for it to be ready, I threw my netball around using my crazy catch and the boys gamed and played outside.  Just another day in really.


It was lovely to see everyone's pictures today of them celebrating in different ways, all socially distanced of course.  Lots of food, drink, music and talking to neighbours.  








Hope everyone had a lovely day.  I'm going to enjoy a beer in front of some TV before getting to bed.  Might have a break from running tomorrow but will see how I feel when I wake up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails