Wednesday 20 May 2020

Day 63 - Bloody Lovely

What a funny but lovely day.  I struggled to get up this morning but I dragged my arse out of bed and went for my little jog.  I stepped outside and it was freezing though so had to go back for a second layer.  I was expecting it to be hot!

Back at home the boys were dragging their feet to get ready for the day too.  I totally understand how they feel but I need to just get them to Thursday afternoon.  Think I'll give them Friday off as they wouldn't be doing much if they were actually in school anyway.  Although this won't apply to Ellis who will still have to do some of his lessons.

I did my Joe Wicks workout which was tough but had a break in the middle as needed to have a word with Ellis who was being mean to his brother Leo, who for some reason is currently scared of everything, especially being in the back garden on his own and Ellis was holding the back door shut with him outside banging to come in.  Not nice. This was to be the first of many "little chats" with Ellis during the morning.

The boys would not settle at all today but thankfully we managed to get the basics done.  I know you're probably thinking just leave it don't bother but I do want to just keep them ticking over until they can go back properly and I don't want them to think that every time they moan or don't feel like doing something that I just go, okay lets not bother!  

So I had to have yet another word with Ellis about his attitude, how he was talking to me, how he constantly moans and criticises everything I do, always has an opinion or judgment, always answering back and constantly talks over me and a few other things.  Rob overheard and came to have a word too.  We ended up having to speak to all 3 of them about the current situation, about sticking together, about how strange things are and how we appreciate that it is difficult and weird and that we are trying our best.  You get the idea.  Anyway, Ellis just broke down in tears and went to hide under his duvet.  Rob had a work call, I set the other 2 up with some work and went to have a chat with him.  I could tell that he was really struggling and after a little heart to heart, where I shared how I was feeling too, we had a giggle and he cheered up a bit.  I then arranged for him to meet one of his best mates for a bike ride in the afternoon and this turned things around a bit for him.  I don't think he'll be racing downstairs tomorrow to do his school work and I'm sure he'll still moan etc, but I don't want him to feel bad for feeling sad and I want him to be able to talk to us if he needs to.  So quite a lot of emotion for one morning. 😣

I'd already decided that after lunch I was going to let the boys chill or go in the pool if they wanted as the weather was amazing today!  They were so excited to have the afternoon off.😄

Rob was planning on going into the office today but had so many calls that he didn't finish doing that until 2pm so there wasn't really much point in him going in.  Think he might go tomorrow instead.

I set up the bean bag in the garden, put some sun cream on and flopped.  I listened to a 12 minute meditation story and I wasn't disturbed once!  That I am so grateful for and extremely surprised.  I even managed to read my book, which is great by the way, and found a couple of Snapchat filters that I love.



It was bloody lovely and well and truly needed.


Leo's teacher phoned to chat about him going back in on 1st June and just explaining how it will all work and what the set up would be for his day so we can let him know beforehand.   Basically they are setting up different pods with a maximum of 15 children in each and they are allocated certain members of staff and none of them mix.  Play, lunch, break and toilets are all separate places and separate times.  They are staggering the drop off and pick up times too.  Leo has to be in at 8:40am which he is not happy about and he will be having a different teacher, who happens to be Oscar's current teacher and she is amazing so we definitely done well there. 👍 Leo seems okay about it but time will tell on that.

The boys were in the pool a lot today and Ellis got in at one point which the other two love.  Ellis doesn't realise how much they both look up to him.😊


I ate my dinner in the garden tonight and noticed my roses are out! They don't usually survive long but my crazy catch has been blocking the footballs!



Had a lovely long FaceTime chat with my Saskia which would brighten anyone's day and then there was a knock on the door.  It was Mark, Lotty's (Mummy Lot) husband dropping off a little gift bag.  Inside was a b day present and cards for me and Leo along with this.  She is so talented and thoughtful.  Thank you Lotty. x



Where did the evening go!?  I did a lot of cooking today so I had a lot of clearing up to do. It took ages and by the time I had showered and sat down to do the blog or anything else for that matter it was 11:11!

Right so I want to quickly (it won't be quick) go back to Centre Parcs last year.

It was Monday, our last day and I usually like to fill it and stay to the bitter end because I love it and because we've paid huge amounts of money to be there but this time we also had to stay as Kate needed to come and pick up her kids.  Anyway before pick up we still had a fun filled day.

First thing in the morning Rob sent me a picture to prove that he had got up and ready in time as I do sometimes act as an alarm clock in my many different roles as wife and Mummy. 😏🙄


We, me, Mum and Dad, packed up the lodge and took the cars back to the car park and met up at the main Plaza.  Kamron really wanted a game of bowling and my two love it too.  The adults just watched on.








Next up was swimming and we pretty much stayed in there for the rest of the day.  Dad bought us all hotdogs and chips for lunch and we tried to wear the kids out.

By the time we got out it was dinner time so we had more food, followed by a bit of shopping and then a walk to the park.  We had to kill some time as we were waiting for my sister.  She had said a time, but we know you pretty much have to add an hour before she actually makes it.







We all said our goodbyes and went home.  It was quite late when we got back and I was due out with the Mummy Lot to celebrate my 40th.  I have no idea why I agreed to do it on the day I got back from Centre Parcs but it worked out quite well.  I literally dumped everything in the kitchen and went to get myself ready. 


We had a meal booked at one of my favourite places to eat, The White Horse.  I love the food there and the atmosphere and the staff are all lovely.  Service can be hit and miss like it can be everywhere which makes me dubious about suggesting places to others as you never know what experience they will get.  I've never had a bad meal or time there, other than one Christmas meal it all went wrong, (they had a bereavement and were short on staff) but they refunded the entire meal for about 10 of us!

Our meal was gert lush and I had a lovely time.  I had some great gifts and a balloon.  Thank you girlies x






This was the night that I tried to drive home and my car was not happy.  It would not change gear.  I had a leak in my car and it would fill up with water in the passenger footwell and I think the water had got into the electrics.  This was the start of many problems which eventually meant it died.  We got rid of it back in October and my parents have kindly leant me theirs, for the time being, but it has been a ridiculously long time now.  Thank you so much! Don't know what I would have done without it. xxx

I had a massive delivery of clothes today from New Look so after my shower I tried a few things on.  Nothing suited, fitted or made me feel nice so I'm pretty sure it will all be going back.  Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind for it.  I'll try again tomorrow and see.

I'm so glad today turned into a good one. 👍👏😊

I have learnt lots.  I need to check in with the boys a bit more often in a quiet one to one setting, I need to accept that I will be going to bed late most nights, I need to make sure I protect my roses,  I don't always need to be so regimented and sometimes just go with the flow a bit more, I hate buying new clothes and I have very talented friends.  I'm grateful that my parents leant me their car for all this time. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails