Sunday 17 May 2020

Day 60 - Social

What a lush day!  I had a lie in, meaning I stayed in bed longer than normal even though I was awake, had snuggles with the boys, no exercise and a bit of chilling.  I did a few general chores and checked in with a few people.


I had a lovely FaceTime chat with Sophie for about an hour and half.   It was such a good catch up and we hardly touched on the subject of Covid-19 which is always refreshing.

Lucy had invited me down for a cuppa and a chat.  I haven't seen her in the flesh since before the lockdown started so I really wanted to see her.  On my way to her house I stopped at the petrol station.  I've never felt so dirty!  It doesn't ever bother me going to the petrol station but I do always feel gross from it.  The amount of people that touch the pump handles and then the door to the shop to pay.  I've always thought it was a bit minging, so today I felt twice as bad.  I made sure to only use one hand for everything, even driving on to Lucy's house and as soon as I arrived I washed my hands.  That was better.😊

Poppy met me first and I had my usual welcome where she gets so excited she doesn't know what to do so just lies on the floor crying.😀


Lucy had a bucket of tea ready for me and we sat in her garden, more than 2 metres apart, chatting about tons of stuff.  It was so nice to have a proper catch up about lots of stuff.  Craig even joined us towards the end.  Lucy cracked open a bottle of bubbly, how could I refuse!?  It was yummy. 🥂 It was so perfect, I didn't want to leave but Rob had to get to Sainsbury's for a few bits so I had to get back.






Sad to not see the girls, but Shauna was off having fun and Ashlee was having a nap.

Back at home I gave Rob the shopping list and he zoomed off to do a supermarket sweep type style shop as he was running out of time.  He said the lights were being switched off as he was walking out.😬

I did dinner and cleared up and then we all played our new family computer game.  Basically you have to go around blowing each other up with bombs.  Nice!  But it is good fun.

I had my chat with the Mummy Lot at 7 and hallelujah we were able to hear and see each other (minus Sarah).  We talked for over an hour and I managed to put Oscar to bed and get Leo in the shower in that time too.  We did talk a lot about the Covid situation and about the kids going back to school etc.  We ended the call saying one positive thing each as we'd been a bit glum about things.  I've seen them more in the last few weeks than I have in the last few months! 😀  It's been good and I hope we keep it going.



Took a while to get all the boys to settle tonight for some reason.  I had a glass of wine while blogging and I plan to go to bed now to watch a bit of TV.  Well I was until I've just seen that it's 11:30pm!

Up early tomorrow for run, Joe Wicks and back to school work.  Ellis said he might come with me for run, which is a no in disguise.😏

Oh I almost forgot my Snapchat filter pictures, you love em really.








On this day last year we were all at our happy place about to celebrate my 40th and Leo's 10th, at Centre Parcs.  We love it there.  We arrived first, later my Mum and Dad, and then late afternoon my sister dropped her kids off.





We had a lovely meal before heading to the lodge.










We had 2 different lodges.  Mum, Dad and the cousins were in one and we were next door but we spent most of the time in our lodge.  Everyone was so excited, especially the kids, me being the biggest one.  I'll post more tomorrow about what we got up to.

Today I learnt that it's good to see people in the flesh, I'm looking forward to the half term break, I'm grateful for all the love I receive. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails