Wednesday 13 May 2020

Day 55 & 56 - Missed me?

Missed me?

I've got into a routine of getting up and out for a run, then coming home and doing the Joe Wicks workout.  It's been tough this week which might explain why I am so tired.  Just really struggling to focus and maintain any energy or motivation for things.

I'm not the only one struggling this week.  Leo has been having ups and downs.  He can't go to sleep, wakes up early, and has been asking for more snuggles.  He also broke down in the middle of his piano lesson, which I don't think has ever happened.  He really does find it difficult to verbalise what's on his mind and sometimes he just gets overwhelmed, like the rest of us sometimes I suppose.

Loving my bum fluff 

School work has become tedious (not the teachers fault) and the boys are bored of the routine so next week I think I'll try and change it about a bit and see if we can improve things, although it might all be changing anyway if Leo goes back to school on the 1st June.  I think it will be good for him to see some friends and be able to talk about what life in lockdown has been like with peers his own age, also to talk about moving on to senior school etc.


I've been trying to get away from the noise in the afternoons.  The boys get screen time from 4pm so I go to my room and chill for an hour or so before dinner.  It's not currently helping me to totally refresh but it's better than none at all.

This flower popped up on a bush in the garden directly in front of the window where we can all see it.  It's so pretty.  I love our garden, I wish it was a bit bigger so that it could accommodate all the things we would like to have in it.  I like flowers and trees but the amount of balls that get kicked/thrown around means they get easily damaged.  We have a huge trampoline and now a huge pool, with solar panel pads for heating it up taking up the vast majority of room.  I would love an area for the netball and basketball net where balls don't go over the fence/wall or hit the gutter/outside lights.  Would love a nice place for some chairs to chill too.  Not asking a lot surely!?


I had someone join me for some Snapchat filter pictures.





Shauna had us on her schedule for Wednesday afternoon and I decided it would be nice to take the boys down to see the in-laws.  They haven't seen them since Christmas and we can't work out the video calling with them.  I needed to take some medication down anyway so it made sense to do it all at the same time.

While we were waiting for Nanna to get down the stairs and out the front to a chair we noticed how many lovely flowers there were.  I'm a sucker for taking pictures of flowers and foliage. 








It wouldn't be fair to see one set of grandparents and not the other so on the way home we popped into see my parents.  I dropped off some old mugs for them to be used up the yard.

Hello back there!


It was an exciting afternoon and the kids were hyper, especially from all the sweets they were given!  It took me ages to get them to bed.


I finally received a picture of my new nephew who is changing so much!  I have a video of him too which I'll have to post on another day.

Cutie!

Been getting to bed early but staying up watching Normal People on BBC iplayer.  Really enjoying it. 

I didn't know what else to write so had a look back at photos from the 13th May going back to 2006 and apparently nothing seems to happen on this day.  So I have nothing more to write and no past pictures to share.  Rubbish! 

Found a way to do the video now so will end with a cute baby cooing at you.


What could be better than that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails