Monday 4 May 2020

Day 46 - A Dress!

Well this entry is actually days 45 & 46 but feel like 145 &146 😂

So what did we do yesterday? I keep trying to have a lie-in but I seem to just wake up early every single day.  I certainly don't miss doing the Joe Wicks workout on the weekends but I planned to go out for a run and increase my distance to 10K if I could.

All the boys were up at the same time so we got to have breakfast together which is unusual.  I say all the boys, Rob was still sleep.😴


I decided I was going to try and go out in the morning rather than later on in the afternoon when I feel less motivated so I got changed and off I went. Half the battle when I go out running is my headspace. I constantly argue with myself, sing, think, moan, and I just have to motivate myself to keep going and it has nothing to do with my breathing or how my legs are feeling. 😄

I got back having completed the 10k 💪  After a shower, I put on a dress!  The only time I would wear a dress is for a special occasion or if I was on holiday.  I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl. Rob said he really liked it 😊


I was feeling tired after my run rather than energised, so after lunch I had a bit of a chill out before getting on with that mammoth blog that I posted yesterday.  It took hours! I was interrupted a bit but generally speaking the boys played computer games with friends, Rob worked and I just got on with it.  The time consuming thing is the videos.  It was worth it though.😊

We've realised recently that Oscar plays on his Switch by looking down at it on his lap. This is making him hunched over with his neck bent right over and I spend every 10 minutes or so trying to adjust him so he isn't ruining his back!  Rob came up with a clever idea to sort it out and it works perfectly!



Baba Jude chilling.💙



I had my weekly call with the Mummy Lot and 5 out of 6 made it!  It was really nice to have a catch up and giggle over some silly stuff.  Miss seeing them properly though. 😕


I set up the kitchen table for school work, printed the lessons out and got their folders organised ready for the morning.  Sunday evening comes around fast!  I watched a bit of Netflix in bed and went to sleep quite late, as usual.

I'm starting to see a bit of a pattern with Monday and I think I just have to accept that no one is really up for it.

I was up early though and got everyone ready with enough time to spare to call Mum first thing.  She had already read the blog from yesterday and was just so pleased with it.  It really made her happy and she loved the day so much.  She said she was going to get Dad to look at it all later too.  It did also make her sad though.   This lockdown thing can be tough going sometimes but we'll get through it 💪

School work was a bit of a slog and Oscar really struggled to get going today.  The online lessons are fantastic though and Leo had a poem read to him by the lovely Mrs Westcott from school.  He loves her and it really brightened his morning.  She also mentioned that she would be sending out her special stickers to anyone who makes an effort with their poem this week.  He was so excited about that, but then also annoyed as he didn't want to do a poem to get one.😂

He won't let me cut his hair 😬


Lunch today I let them sit on the sofa, in front of the TV 😱   They couldn't believe it!


I got lots of washing done today and it was perfect drying weather and then in their afternoon break I put it all away! I'm loving lockdown for helping to make this chore an easy one 😂

Today, my friend sent me some photos of some paintings that she had done.  A hidden talent!  She's just been having a go to see if she could do it.  I think they are amazing!  I love them, especially the octopus.





Oh I do love a bit of Snapchat as you know.  I don't care if you're bored of them 😂




After dinner I curled up on my bed for a bit and my Mum phoned.  We had a really good chat about stuff but after we had finished I really felt the need to get out for a walk.  We needed some things from Sainsbury's anyway, which I was going to put off until tomorrow but actually I hadn't been out today so made sense to just go.  So I did.  I was beaming, grinning ear to ear all the way there, and all the way back.  The freedom and also going somewhere I haven't been for a long time was nice. I had a really good march to the shop, but didn't really consider the fact that on the way back I would be carrying 8pts of milk, 2 bags of flour, bananas, spring onions and a cucumber.  The march back was a lot slower 😂

I love this 😍
Back at home Rob was busy putting the boys to bed, which seems to take about 3 hours!  They are being such a pain with their bedtimes.  I am trying to keep them in a routine as I think it helps but then I think ah well we're in lockdown, it's strange times, just let them stay up, but then it has too many knock on effects so I think routine is best. Then I think, you know what, I have no idea what I am doing! 🤷  Just winging it like most people.

So today I learnt that my friend is an amazing artist! I am loving the lack of washing and I am grateful for Snapchat filters that make me look younger and awake. (shallow gratitude today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails