Sunday 10 May 2020

Day 53 - Lucy B day!

It's my Lucy's birthday today!  Happy birthday!  So sad we can't celebrate it with you like we normally would but once things have improved we will make up for it!   I'm sure your family are spoiling you and that you'll have a lovely day. x

I've known Lucy my whole life and we're more like close sisters than friends.  Her family lived 2 doors down from mine and we pretty much grew up together.  We went to different schools but we still saw each other after all the time to play offices, schools, go on bike rides etc.  We did dance class together and Brownies, we've been on lots of family holidays and tons of discos/parties. I love my Lucy and I'm missing our chats curled up on her sofa, with Poppy (the dog) snuggles.   Can't wait to see you x




























I just noticed that in a lot of the photos we have an alcoholic beverage which is strange as we don't drink that much. πŸ€”πŸ€£

I set my alarm this morning as I knew my attitude would be it's Sunday and I'll have a lie in, even though I wanted to go for a run.  So setting the alarm made me get up and get on with it.  I did a slightly longer route by accident but enjoyed it.  The weather was sunny and hot until about half an hour after I got home when it turned really dark, gloomy, cold and windy.  I got sun burnt yesterday and was freezing for the rest of the day.  I wasn't particularly dressed well for it though.


I had a nice long FaceTime chat with Mum who had bought some tulips to remind her of me.  Don't think she'll forget me mind you as we speak at least once a day at the moment.  She was going to spend the day at home doing a few jobs around the house but ended up at the walk in centre with dad who managed to mangle his little finger on his left hand by dropping some manky wooden posts on it! He's broken it and will need to go to the fracture clinic in the next couple days. Doh! Get well soon dad x


The day went by so fast! I have no idea what I did. 🀷‍♀️  I printed the school stuff off for the next day, sorted out some Lego, made yet another banana loaf, finished off the click and collect for tomorrow, had an hour chat with the Mummy Lot, minus Shazza as she couldn't get her microphone to work. 😏 We also played a new computer game as a family which was really good fun but I had a niggly headache so had to have a break.

Lucy had a lovely day.  Her husband bought her tickets to a show with a weekend away, a hamper crammed with goodies and a lovely cake.  I sent her some flowers, a card with a picture of us on it and an IOU for an afternoon tea for when we can.




The boys were disappointed that it was too cold for the pool and it looks like the cold weather is around now until next weekend when it starts to warm up a bit.  Looks good for mine and Leo's birthday too, fingers crossed that doesn't change.

Chatting with the Mummy lot this morning, we all said that today we had thought back to our holiday in Marbs last September.  Seems like yesterday to me, but also decades ago.  I'm sure that will make sense to some people.  I'll try and do a blog post about it as it was one of the happiest times in my life and I'd love to share the pictures and funny videos from our time there.  One of our best memories was sitting in a Mezze restaurant, overlooking the beach and sea, drinking cheap rosΓ©, eating loads of food for hours just laughing and talking crap.  We didn't take one photo between the five of us and no videos, but it's one of the main moments we remember.  We have a weekend away booked in September.  Not sure if it will go ahead yet or not but there is plenty of time for things to settle before then.  Fingers crossed.




So Boris made a speech tonight and it was clear as mud.  Stay home, go to work, use public transport, ride your bike, can go out as much as you like, but 2m away from everyone etc etc.  I think tomorrow things will become clearer, but basically we're still in lockdown but construction and manufacturing need to go back to work but could they please ride their bikes there.  We can go out and exercise and play in the park as long as we social distance.   I wonder how many idiots will mess it up for the rest of us. πŸ€” Pretty sure Ellis won't be going back to school as his finishes early July anyway and it was mentioned that Leo's year group might go back after the half term but we will have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.  I'm not going to worry about it and just take each day as it comes.  Back to home schooling tomorrow. πŸ‘

Feeling sick from too much banana loaf so think I'm going to head to bed, with my book even though it's gone 11pm.  Setting my alarm to get up early to run too.  I like getting it out the way first thing and then it's like it never happened 🀷‍♀️.  I'm strange, I know. πŸ˜‚

Today I've learnt that I can still surprise my boys by being good at a computer game, I am looking forward to a weekend away with the Mummy Lot, whenever that may be, and I am grateful that I had that time away with them last September.☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails