Thursday 7 May 2020

Day 50 - WHAT!?

It's funny that when I first started doing the blog again and naming the entries starting with what day we were on, I thought ahead to when I might be doing day 50 but really didn't think we would still be in lockdown.  Don't know what I thought was going to happen though 🤷‍♀️.    So here we are day 50 and the kids are getting a bit fed up with school stuff so I'm glad we are on a 3 day weekend now and we finished slightly earlier today, with no reading time but I plan to do that at bedtime instead.  I must get my head around the fact that this home schooling stuff will be ongoing for a very long time yet.😏

I was up and out early again today but this time without Ellis. I went a bit quicker and a little further and I was glad to have got it ticked off for the day.  Rob didn't even know that I had gone.  Once I was back I had time for a cuppa with my little friend, which I will try not to murder!🐌


The lack of motivation from the others continued today and my foot was hurting so I decided against doing the Joe Wicks workout.  It usually is only me doing the whole thing anyway depending on the boys moods. 

For lunch I thought I would make this.  I really did think it would be quick and easy.  I'm not sure if it is just my cutting skills but it takes me forever to get everything ready to cook!  The actual cooking didn't take long and it was so yummy I had a second helping!


Anyone that knows Leo, will know how much he loves wildlife and the great outdoors.  He had an idea to get a bird feeder like his teacher Mrs Maynard has at school, so after a quick Amazon search yesterday I ordered one and it arrived today.  Leo and Rob put it together and fixed it into the ground by our Magnolia tree which we can see clearly from the kitchen table.  He was so excited and loaded it up with lots of different things.  He's quite excited about the bird bath.



School work today was quite successful given that they didn't want to do any.  I managed to get Leo to type up his poem and I posted it to Mrs Westcott, he was too shy to come with me and Oscar redeemed himself with his wider curriculum lesson.  He had to write something about a hero and he chose me! 😊




Another lovely day out which meant lots of bouncing on the trampoline for the boys but unfortunately for me I was so busy in the kitchen I didn't really get time to read in the garden.  There is always tomorrow, but I did manage to do a few more Snapchat pictures with yet another new after lockdown outfit or two.










Going to make another banana loaf before sorting out dinner, clearing up, getting kids to bed and then eventually sitting down to watch some TV stuff.  I have so much I want to watch.  I've started A Good Place, need to catch up on Peaky Blinders, Normal People, The Crown, Thirteen, Isolation Stories, Unorthodox, Ozark, After Life, Line of Duty, Tiger King, Greys, Criminal Minds and Gogglebox to name just a few.  Think I'm going to need lockdown to last a few more months to get all that done!

Not planning on doing too much tomorrow.  Will get them to do a couple of things before lunch and then that will be it.

Housework and some alone time this weekend I think.  Would also be nice to do something as a family too, maybe a short bike ride or walk, games night or something else.🤔

It's much better getting the blog done a bit earlier in the day.  I can then just add to it when I take the laptop to bed later and it frees up some time later on.  Plus I can have a couple of glasses of wine and not have to worry about what I might be typing.  I realise I'm getting repetitive.  My head is all over the place at the moment.  Can't seem to just focus on one thing.  Think I might start making some lists.  I love a good list.

Birthdays to note today are Ashlee and Jodie.  Ashlee is Lucy's daughter.  I love her to bits and can't believe we aren't seeing her, but we sent a card and some money.  Happy birthday Ash, hope you've had a lovely day! xxx



My lovely friend Jodie.  We didn't quite get round to seeing each other just before lockdown which was stupid in hindsight.  She has popped a bottle of wine in and some chocolates for the boys (that was weeks ago!) though so I have seen her.  I sent her a card and some flowers and we are looking forward to getting trollied in a pub garden when we are allowed.  Happy birthday Jodie! xxx


I checked in with the in-laws who seem to be coping quite well considering.  Rob's mum is working on her exercises, is taking all her meds ok and is eating well.  Just need to get her out in the garden occasionally.  Rob's dad is struggling with being stuck at home but with the better weather he is able to potter about in the garden and is making things in his garage.  They are managing to get their shopping delivered from Sainsbury's now so I haven't needed to go and see them recently.  I did try and do a video call with them but their tablet isn't set up properly for it and it's near on impossible to sort it over the phone.  I will work on it though as think it will be really good for them to see the boys and have a chat.

So this just arrived...


...and inside was...



...now have one very chuffed boy.   Thank you Mrs W xxx

I can post about this now, as a couple of days ago I asked the boys to do some messages to Nan and Grandad and this is what they produced.  Leo also sent his bracelet that he made.  My parents received it today and it put a big smile on their faces. 





Going to leave it there today.  Need to switch off and I'm tired. Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails