Wednesday 6 May 2020

Day 49 - Top Flumps

Exercise is bad for you, just saying.  My foot is bruised and my blister has popped and is hurting.  Poor me 😄.  I woke up really early today which is great as I wanted to get out for a run and I also managed to drag Ellis with me.  The pace is slower but that's fine as he wants to talk (moan) the whole way.  It's nice actually that we get to have a bit of a chat about things and I can find out how he is getting on.

When we got home the other two were sitting in the living room with their bowls of cereal, which I would normally not be happy about but today it was good that they were just getting on with it and not waiting for me.

I felt rather smug this morning that I had already done my exercise for the day and by 11am I had showered and was back in normal clothes again. 

Rob left for the office and we got on with our day.  Leo was trying so hard this morning with his poem about tigers.  He really wants to impress Mrs Westcott, which is great as I use that for motivation 😜



Blogger (what I use to do the blog) has changed.  I've used it for years but now it has done an update and I don't know how to do half the things I did before.  I've worked out a few, and they are annoyingly slightly longer to do but I can't work out how to put emojis in 😄. I've installed the Blogger app on my phone so that I can add emojis after writing it. 👍 I find emojis help with explaining how I feel about something I've written.  Sometimes you might not be able to tell if I'm joking about something for example so adding a laughing emoji helps, maybe.🤔

So thankful the nice weather is back.  I love catching some rays for 10 mins with my book.  I love that I take my book with me every time and barely read a page. 😂 It's great the boys can get outside too and we enjoy watching the wildlife from our kitchen table while working. I'm grateful for our garden.  Also grateful that we moved house when we did.  I can't imagine what it would have been like in the old place.  Actually I can, it would have been hideous! 



Ellis had an online drama lesson where he had to make a ruff for a costume.  Bless him, his first attempt went wrong so he had to start over.  It's really good for him having the online lesson as keeps him focused, reassured and he can ask questions.  He also gets to see some of his friends, although he can't really chat to them.  The down side is that he is in the same room as us so me and the boys have to keep really quiet. 🤫

Our afternoons are definitely not going as smoothly as they used to.  Not sure why, but will have a think about it and maybe set out a better routine so that they know what to do next etc.  As long as we get Maths, English, spellings, wider curriculum and reading done each day, then I should just be happy with that.  Oscar still sucks at reading (he can read really well but refuses to)  and it's something we need to work on.  I used to read to the boys every night but that's not happening anymore.  I think I'll try and pick that up again, but I need Oscar to read to me.

More Snapchat fun in the garden today and a new after lockdown look.




Oscar and I took a short walk to the post box.  He hasn't been out for a while so he found it really strange.  We sort of walked the school route and he said, "I haven't walked along here in like 2 weeks or something!"  I told him it was nearly 7 weeks and he said, "that's forever!".  Yes, yes it is.  I haven't missed it to be honest.

Oscar managed to spot a friend through their living room window so they had a very quick hello which was nice for him.

I Googled Top Flumps today to see what would come up and there is a picture of me when I was pregnant and a picture of my dad with the boys wearing matching outfits!  Very strange.


I fed everyone and tidied up and then tried to have a bit of quiet time which is near on impossible!  Leo had his online piano lesson but it didn't go as well as normal. He was just too distracted and fidgety.

I think everyone was a bit fed up today.   I know I've certainly had enough of it all.  I'm not grouchy just, fidgety and want to know what's next and when.  Personally I think it's too early to come out of lockdown with the deaths still being quite high and I know it will take a long time to do all the different phases and I suppose it's just a case of wait and see.  I used to think I was a really patient person 😬

Bed time still isn't going great although I know I'm only on day 2 😂. Leo and Ellis were actually good last night but it's 8:50pm and they're both still up eating!  I've told them this is the last time this late snacking thing is happening.   I read to Oscar at bedtime and had a really nice chat, which he thanked me for and a snuggle, but he's still calling out as I'm typing this.

Ended up in with me

Rob is on his way home from the office now and luckily his dinner is waiting for him in the microwave as I'm ready for bed!  I might get up early again and get my jog out the way first thing.  I'll set my alarm and see how I feel.

Did you see the moon tonight?  I've alway loved the moon, and my Mum does too.  When I was travelling Mum and I said that we would think of each other every time we looked at it and even now we quite often phone up (like tonight) and say, "have you seen the moon?!"  I tried and failed miserably to take a photo of it as needed my nice camera really but that needs charging up.

I've always loved photography and did a course in Bath once which I really enjoyed.  Looking back now I can't believe I went on my own.  I'll try and find some of the photos I took to post on here.  I usually like capturing moments more than things.  I like people's faces when they aren't posing or know that they are being photographed.  A friend of mine is going to take me out for some more lessons after social distancing has stopped, so maybe in a couple of years time.  Peroni in a pub garden is planned for after. Maybe a new career awaits 🤷‍♀️

Today I've learnt that I don't like the new Blogger, I'm not missing the school run, I'm grateful for our garden and house.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring?🤔😄☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails