Friday 15 May 2020

Day 57 & 58 - Baking

On my run this morning I bumped into a deer which was trying to cross a really busy road.  I managed to scare it back in a different direction and it went off towards a field, phew! It was quite a highlight.

From yesterday we can actually meet up with one person from another household, outside, making sure we stay 2 metres apart.  At least 4 of my friends have mentioned doing it but not one of us have actually organised to do it.  I think in part it's because even though you can do it, doesn't mean you should.  Also you kind of get used to not meeting up.  I will try and see someone on the weekend though as I feel like I'm losing the ability to have a conversation! Everything is typed, where you can edit things.

At this time of year we usually have the end of season netball tournament.  It's just a real mixture of levels from all clubs, people set up little camps and you play lots of netball, eat, drink and generally have a laugh.  I've been to two and loved both and we've always been really lucky with the weather.  This picture was from 3 years ago with my old club Archway.  We totally smashed it that year but missed out on the final by goal difference which was a bit annoying.  I also got rather sunburnt.


This one was 2 years ago, again with my old club Archway and yes we were literally glugging straight from a bottle of red wine.  What are we like!? Ah good times. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜Š




I really, really miss playing netball and seeing the girlies.  We also found out that we didn't get promoted this season as they had to work out the end results using a formula which meant we ended up in 3rd.  So proud of our team though as we were really getting it together and played some awesome netball.  Can't wait to get back to it, hopefully in September. ๐Ÿ’ช

Here comes the Snapchat filters!  I do actually wash that jumper but I'm pretty much wearing 2 outfits on rotation. Wear one, wash one.๐Ÿ‘





My boys are crazy.  They are determined to use the pool even though it has ice cold water in it.  Rob has now put 4 solar panel heating pads on it and has ordered a new pump to help push the water through so hopefully it will be warmer soon.




On Friday I was done in and the kids had had enough.  I planned a half day but made the mistake of telling them as they then just rush through everything, aren't interested in learning or doing it properly, they just want a tick to say it's done so they can go.  We got through it though and the boys all dispersed to various screens around the house.๐Ÿ˜…

I cleared up the school stuff and went for a shower.  I managed to get a bit of time out before dinner.

I also thought I'd do a bit more baking.  Why not?  I mean it's obviously something I've always loved doing! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคจ

I made these which came out looking like little turds, but they tasted good.  So easy to make too with only 4 ingredients, chuck em in the oven.



They were so easy in fact that I decided to make some muffins too.  The recipe for these can be found here.  They're okay as far as taste goes.


After all the baking I really didn't want to then make another meal.  I'd filled myself up on mixture and muffins so suggested Rob went to the fish and chip shop.  He loves a pasty and chips but unfortunately they aren't making them at the moment so he had to settle for a pie and chips but think he still enjoyed it and it gave me a break.

I keep getting early nights, which you would think sounds brilliant but actually what I do is take my laptop, book, phone and iPad to bed with me.  Like I said I've been watching Normal People which I've been enjoying and I try and blog a bit but usually just end up trolling through crap on social media.  Been checking the news once or twice a day and of course Snapchat! ๐Ÿ˜„  Sorry, not sorry and yes I am still wearing Christmas pyjamas.๐Ÿคท‍♀️





I've already said that Leo is struggling to go to sleep so to make it easier he comes in with me.  He literally drops off within 10 minutes and is soon snoring and sweating away on Rob's side of the bed ๐Ÿ˜œ



Today I learnt that I still struggle to spell recipe, I don't know what I'm looking forward to now, bloody strange times we're living in.  I'm grateful that the weather has been pretty consistently good.  Sorry for jinxing it.๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails