Sunday 24 May 2020

Day 67 - Walking

I managed a lie in! Yay me! 😊


Had no idea what we were going to do today other than try and get the boys out at some point as they had so much screen time yesterday.  I was thinking we could do a bike ride first thing like we did last weekend but I wasn't motivated enough to get everyone and everything ready.


Rob and Ellis both came downstairs when their lunch was on the table and then it was decided to go for a walk for a change .  I needed to get to Boots to pick up Leo's prescription so that's where we headed.  Of course the boys moaned about the walking, Leo wanted to scoot but actually it turned out brilliantly.


I walked with Leo and we talked and talked and talked.  It was great.  He had so much to say, asked me questions about me and we just generally had a really good catch up.  It was good to hear about some of the things that go on in that head of his.  He also found a cool bug.  He is so observant and can see the smallest things around him.  My special boy. 💙



On our walk home we did a slightly different route and we knocked on the door of the lovely Hale family.  We had a nice long chat and it was great to see some familiar faces.  Hopefully we'll be able to get together properly soon.  We stayed for quite a while and everyone got slightly sunburnt, but it was worth it.☺️


Ellis wanted to knock on the door of another rugby buddy and we stopped for a very brief hello, how are you kind of thing.


We eventually made it back just over 2 hours after we left.  The boys were straight back on screens and I had my Sunday afternoon chat with the Mummy Lot.  We all arrived at the same time and could all hear and see each other (even though Shazza was sideways) and we had a lovely catch up.  I especially like the reminiscing about Marbs.🏖️




Take me back!

I finally tried on some more of the clothes I've bought.  90% will be going back though.  I just need shorts and t-shirts really as that's what I live in but thought I'd try and be a bit more girly for a change.  Don't know why I bother.🤷‍♀️







For dinner I did a roast for me and Rob but for some reason the chicken wouldn't cook properly.  I checked the instructions and I had done it all as it said but it took way longer, so I ended up eating mine without it as didn't want to wait.  It was yummy though and I ate it so fast I don't remember eating it.😋


After dinner Oscar started screaming that there was something in his eye.  After a look and trying to calm him down, Rob decided to take him to the local minor injury unit to get it checked out.  He had it cleaned, object swabbed out and it was looked at with a special machine.  They said he had a scratch on his cornea and told him to get some medicine from the pharmacist.  He was super brave and came back home much happier, wearing a mask which he told us he had to keep on for 8 days.😷🤫

As a little treat we all played Cards against humanity (Family Edition) which the boys love as they try and make the sentences as silly as possible, which is actually the aim of the game I suppose, but theirs never make sense!  They're very good at it and Rob and I always come last.😏

Yay no school tomorrow!  Having a couple of beers in front of the PC, blogging and listening to music.  I love A Chorus Line, Wicked, Moana and The Greatest Showman.  It is so so difficult to not break out in to song but I will save that for when I won't get into trouble and they've all buggered off out the house for a bit.  I'm really missing doing that.  One day.😶

I was talking to Leo today about going back to school but that it will only be for 4 days and that he would be home on the Wednesday.  He was disappointed to learn that he still needed to do school work, but said "that's OK, at least I get to be with you".  He's been stuck with me for nearly 10 weeks solid and yet he still wants to be with me. Sniff, sniff.  I'm not that bad after all then, even though he threatened to yank my face off this morning.😍😂

Up and out tomorrow for a joglet and then home to do some chores or maybe Joe Wicks or both but haven't decided yet. Also need to do some baking and sorting out the food as we seem to have a lot here but have another click and collect tomorrow!  Need to also get organised for Leo's b day on Tuesday and sort out the picnic food. 😅😅😅


Today I learnt lots about my little Leo, I'm looking forward to dancing and singing around the house with my music blasting, I'm grateful for all the new things I'm learning.  See you on the flip side. x😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails