Saturday 16 May 2020

Day 59 - Blasting

I woke up really, really early today.  I mean it was still dark out, but I could not drop back off.  I tossed and turned for what felt like forever and my alarm eventually went off.  Why would I set my alarm on a Saturday when I have nothing specific to do? Well, I wanted to see someone on my run who was going out for a bike ride with her son so I had decided to get up and go early to see her before she left.

The run to her house is literally up hill all the way and I arrived, red, sweating, out of breath and still half asleep.   I swear I felt like my legs were moving up and down but that I wasn't going anywhere!  I was so sluggish this morning.  I've probably been doing too much as I've ran every single morning since last Saturday! 😅

We sat on her front wall and tried to talk.  I think I may need some practice on how to have a conversation again! I could not string two sentences together.  It was so nice to see her though and I really should make the effort to do those sort of things more often but it still just feels a little bit, wrong.🤷‍♀️

Finished my run but slight problem, my pelvis and hip were on fire!  Took some painkillers when I got home but I know it won't just go away.  Will have a break tomorrow and hopefully will be okay for Monday. 🤞

I got home and encouraged everyone out for a bike ride.  I tried to get Rob to come on his own but he made a good point that the kids have been on screens a lot.  Lots of moaning but we made it out for a nearly 10 mile bike ride around the local area.  The boys did fab.  Leo wanted to get it done as quick as possible, Oscar moaned a lot but did it really well and Ellis was speedy on his road bike.  There were a lot of people out and about and especially horse riders, which made for some interesting passing on the narrow cycle path and lanes.  It went well though.👍

Everyone was hungry when we got back, but quite frankly I was exhausted! I so wanted to go and grab a McDonalds but no, I ended up cooking spag bog for lunch.  We had the usual complaining but all was eaten and cleared up, eventually.😊

I was feeling so tired but instead of sitting down I decided to strip beds and get them in the washing machine.  I couldn't leave it to later to make them as I knew I would really not want to do it so I sorted that out.

I didn't actually end up sitting down to my computer until nearly half 4!  By 5 everyone was hungry again!  Give me strength!  For my birthday I want a day off of doing food and clearing up please Rob.👍😘

I wanted to update my Sainsbury's shopping order that I'm due to pick up tomorrow, only to find no order there! I don't get it.  I definitely did it but it's just gone.  I'm so annoyed.  I'll hopefully send Rob out tomorrow to get a few bits and we have another click and collect booked for Thursday.  Hopefully that won't disappear too.😬

I did lots of blogging, about 3/4 days worth I think and I tried to concentrate with blasting music into my ears to try and block out the boys which is near on impossible.  They are so noisy!🙉


Anyone else losing their hair?  Mine is falling out! I think sometimes it goes through phases of doing it so I'm not going to stress too much, probably wouldn't help the hair loss anyway.😂





I've stopped taking pictures, other than Snapchat ones obviously, so will try and capture a few more things if I can.  I suppose it's just because nothing new is really happening and I didn't take my phone on the bike ride today.  I'm pretty sure no one wants to see a picture of me changing beds either.

I have spoken with quite a few different people today.  Mainly over Whatsapp.  Just the usual how are yous? What you been doing?  etc.  I did have a nice FaceTime chat with my Lucy this afternoon and my Mum usually calls at least once a day.   Last night she called while in the bath! Slight nipple slip but we won't mention that, oops sorry Mum. 🤦‍♀️


I had a chat with my sister too.  She doesn't usually talk much but I actually got a bit of a conversation out of her.  She seems to be doing well, although Jude is quite demanding apparently.  My niece Cherry is struggling a bit so I might try and take the boys over for a socially distanced visit in their front garden to try and cheer her up a bit and also see my new nephew!  Kate sent me some pictures.




Spent my whole evening and well into Sunday morning, blogging, listening to music, looking at old pictures/videos and just chilling.  It has been lovely but bit worried about how sore my legs/hip will feel when I have to get up in a minute to go to bed.  Like a little old lady. 👵 Hopefully the 2 glasses of wine will help.👍

Today I learnt that it is important to drag the kids out to do things they don't want to do, I don't miss all the commitments, I'm grateful that all my family and friends are staying safe and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails