Sunday 12 July 2020

Days 114 -116 - Yawn

As you can see I've not blogged for a few days, the longest break I've had since starting back, mainly because I didn't want to as I have run out of things to say really as it's all the same stuff happening.  Exercise, school work, gaming, chores and a couple of social things here and there.


Lockdown has eased quite a lot now with leisure centres, gyms and beauty salons opening and you can even go on holiday to lots of countries without having to quarantine when you come home.  Things remaining closed for now are:
  • Nightclubs
  • Bowling alleys
  • Indoor skating rinks
  • Indoor play areas including soft play
  • Conference centres

Also grassroot sports are starting to make a come back, with cricket being the first and hopefully the boys rugby will follow in September.  I'll just have to wait that bit longer for my sport to return I think.  The England Netball Association have asked the government re next steps and are just waiting to hear.


With all the easing and stuff opening up again you do get this sense that it's nearly over and people don't seem to be worrying so much, especially relaxing the social distance, although I very much realise that it is out there and still a threat.  I'm saying that but I haven't actually been out to witness it myself.  I've been to the Sainsbury's local and it was all still very socially distanced there.  The numbers of people dying from it each day are still very high, not in comparison to the peak obviously but 148 on Saturday!


So what have we done differently over the last few days? Not a lot. 😄

Oscar was still just as excited to go to school on Friday and Leo does much better with having me all to himself and actually got quite a bit done.  He also managed to participate in the teams meeting with his teacher and class mates and talked a bit about where he is going to senior school.


Rob was in the office, Leo took off to the scooter park with Louie for 5 hours and I don't really know what I did.  I just pottered around the house putting stuff away etc, doing bits and bobs rather than one big job.  My to do list isn't getting any shorter.

I spent the evening trying to catch up on Manifest season 2 which is something I rarely do these days and I don't very often sit in the living room so that's new.


Saturday morning I went out for my long run and while I was out Rob got up and left for Christchurch to go and see his friends for a bike ride.  I'd tried to convince him to stay down for the one night so that he could have a few beers, a takeaway, break from work and family stuff and to just do something different, but he came home instead.  I think he enjoyed it although is in a lot of physical pain and very tired.  He can have a nice lie in tomorrow and stay in bed all day if he likes.


I managed to sort out the shed a little and got the cushions on to the new garden furniture and then tried them out.  They are so comfy! I actually managed to read a good chunk of my book although it was a bit chilly at times.


The boys went out to play, Oscar went to the park with Olly, Jake and his Dad, Ben, for an hour,  Ellis was out for ages on his bike with friends and Leo went to the scooter park for a bit.👍

It wasn't long before the garden was full of boys!  They all went on the trampoline and then someone fell into the pool, which started them all off going into it.  They had such a great time and you could hear their laughing from down the street!  So lovely to hear and see. 😍


I popped to the shops for some more milk as Leo is on a Cheerio binge and I'm on an anything binge.  Ate so much junk all day that I went to bed feeling bloated and sick.

Loving the new garden furniture.  On more than one occasion today the boys joined me outside and we all talked! Gasp!  They didn't have screens and we actually had conversations.  Doesn't really matter that I can't remember what was said, I just know that we talked, uninterrupted. 💙



Now on to Sunday!  I love not having an alarm wake me up but I do miss the routine of getting up and out for some exercise.  After eating so much junk on Saturday and not going for a run first thing, I always end up starting Sunday feeling like I have a hangover.  It takes me ages to wake up properly and I feel really groggy.


Rob had breakfast taken to him in bed and he said his legs didn't feel too bad which is a good sign, although his bum is very, very saddle sore.


I did the usual of feeding everyone and clearing up and I now have 2 new routines to do, putting the cushions out and putting the pool pump on. 😅


I tried to read my book for a bit this morning but I was joined by the 3 musketeers who actually snuggled up together and played really nicely for an hour or so.  Never happens so definitely worth a mention here.💙


Mum came over for a visit today, bringing with her a huge bag of sweets and chocolates. 😬😬  Cheers for that Mum! Like I'm going to be able to keep my hands out of it!  She stayed for a nice long time and we sat on the new furniture enjoying the lovely weather.


Everyone was starving by 11:30am so I had to do early lunch and Mum left around 12.  It wasn't long before our next guests arrived.  Lucy, Ashlee and Poppy came over.  We did sit in the garden for ages but the flying ants and too much sun made us move indoors.  We talked for ages and had a lovely catch up and it was really nice to see Ashlee as I haven't seen her in forever!


Lucy and Ash left around 4:20pm and again everyone was hungry so I sorted that out and then decided I wanted to go for a walk.  One reason was because I hadn't done my steps for the day and also because as I guessed, I couldn't resist the goodie bag Mum brought over. 😈


Surprisingly Rob said he would come with me!  We left the boys at home, it's only a short walk and they wouldn't even notice we had gone and come back!  It was very strange just being the two of us but really nice too.  We talked and I pointed out endless flowers and birds to Rob who couldn't care less and we stopped to look at the scenery.  It was a lovely thing to do and we talked about making the boys do it with us after dinner on the evenings to get them away from screens and some fresh air before bed.  There is also a brilliant stream they could play in too.


Monday tomorrow.  Last home schooling week, hopefully for forever!  I'll try to get them to do the basics like we usually do and I'm going to get out with them a bit more, maybe football in the park or they can show me their tricks in the scooter park.

I have been thinking about booking to go away in the summer holidays, just to break it up a bit.  I've wanted to go to Tenby for as long as I can remember, so might see if Rob fancies it.  If not, I can take the boys for a few days on my own, maybe.  Oscar asked me about Center Parcs and I said it opens on the 27th July and he said "great, book it for the 28th then!" 😂  We only went in February.

Bucket list...

51.    Volunteer for soup run
52.    Go to Alton Towers
53.    Go back to Washington DC
54.    Visit Alaska
55.    See a live England Netball match

Highlights are that it's been quite a relaxing few days.  I've read my book and sat outside, seen wildlife and enjoyed looking at flowers and listening to birds.  Boys have been on good form and not too much hassle.  The kids all playing in the pool was fun and lovely to hear too.  I'm glad Rob had some me time with his friends and that he isn't hurting too badly. 

Bring on the last school week! 💪  Have quite a bit to organise this week and I will need to go to the shops! 😱  😷 Rob never seems to know when he will be in the office or not so it's tricky to plan food so I might just pop to the quiet Sainsbury's local a bit more often rather than buying too much in. 🤔  1st world problems. 😏

Be back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails