Thursday 2 July 2020

Day 106 - Grommets

Agony. Being good with pain and stupid, meant I grimaced around my 5k route with a slight limp this morning. I'd started so had to finish and was hoping it would ease up. It did a bit once I'd warmed up and I've spent the day rubbing it and stretching to see if I can help it.  I also didn't spend too much time sitting down.


The food shop needed collecting early and I stupidly forgot that rush hour traffic in the direction I needed to go was going to be bad. So poor baba Oscar got roped into coming with me so that we could use the 2+ lane 😉👍


I felt a bit bad and Leo was having one of those mornings so I let them eat their breakfast in the living room! 😱😄

It was Ellis' last day in year 8! Tradition is I take a photo on their last day of school, so here it is... 

Lovely red toe nails 💅


He still has a lot of work to catch up on and the head has said all outstanding work needs completing over the summer holidays. I told Ellis it needs to be done before the boys break up and they have another 2 weeks yet so plenty of time. 


What am I going to do with them over the summer holidays!? Need ideas please. 


Speaking of ideas, Lotty messaged me last night about how in 6 months time we'll be into a new year and that they had done a video interview with each other that they would watch back in the new year. I think that makes sense. I'll be a little late with mine but thought it was a good thing to do. Will see if I can get the others to join in. 🤞


The day ended up being quite boring and nothing really to report.  I sat with Oscar on the sofa in the afternoon and we had snuggles which was lush.



6 years ago Leo had grommets fitted.  He had and still does have actually, glue ear.  The grommets are basically very very tiny polo mint shaped tubes that get inserted into the ear drum which allows the fluid to be released from behind the ear drum so that it can work better.  He was such a good boy.  I bought him new pyjamas and a bag of treats for his visit.



You get taken to this massive ward with about 10 beds on each side of the room and there are lots of people coming in and out for little operations.  It was very well run and all the staff were lovely.


He was in and out in no time but was very very sleepy after and they ended up having to try and wake him as they were concerned that he was a little too sleepy.  Turns out he was pretending to be asleep and could hear us for ages.  Cheeky bugger.



After several slices of toast and copious amounts of squash, we were sent home where he had a bath and just chilled out.



The experience we had with Ellis was a little different.  We ended up going private with him as the waiting time was so long.  Ellis ended up having his adenoids removed at the same too.  The biggest benefit about going private was the lovely lunch they provided, but it was only for one accompanying adult.  I got to have it 😋






Ellis was really good having the cannula put in and I went with him to where they put him under.  I think I got it on video, I'll try and find it.

The difference with Ellis was that the anaesthetic reacted differently with him and I was called down to the recovery room as he was very distressed and lashing out.  I had to get on the bed with him and basically pin him down to stop him from falling out.  They said it was nothing to worry about and that it happens occasionally.  It wasn't nice to see but he did perk up reasonably quickly and again the staff were amazing.





We stayed quite a long time waiting for him to recover and just enjoying the room and some time together.







It's Leo's last day at Juniors tomorrow.  He is taking in a top to get it signed by friends which will be nice for him to keep and he had a fun time today as they did a little sports day.  I was hoping it would wear him out but he was still awake at 10:30pm, in my bed!  One of the things he said was that it was horrible going through puberty in lockdown because you're on your own. Bless him.  Think the year 6 are planning on going to the park after school tomorrow.  Not sure how I feel about it as large group gatherings aren't allowed and he wouldn't remember to socially distance. 😐


It was Ellis' last day today and he is so excited. He said I look forward to the summer holidays all year, and they're here!  Money well spent! 😅. He still has some work to catch up on but is convinced he can finish it tomorrow.  It's currently 11pm though and he isn't in bed so I can't imagine he'll be up early getting on with it, and I won't be waking him up.

I need some aviators 😎

Will attempt a gentle jog in the morning and a JW if leg is feeling okay and then me and Oscar are going to do a mini sports day together.  The school have put on lots of events and you record your times at home and send them in to see which house has won!  We (me) love stuff like this! 💪


Bucket list entries today...

26.    Take a netball umpiring course
27.    Tell someone I love them every day
28.    Try a new sport
29.    Write someone a letter
30.    Help someone fulfill one of their bucket list entries

Highlights from today are Ellis being so happy to have finished school, Oscar so excited to find out who is in his pod for when he goes back next week, snuggles on the sofa, Leo loving his mini sports day and making it through my jog even though it hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails