Friday 17 July 2020

Day 121 - School is done!

I literally had to double check how many days we were on.  I can't believe it has been that long and I remember when approaching 50 days that I thought that was a very long time!  Little did I know back then.  Not looking forward to 221 days. 😬


So the official last day of school has come and gone and I surprisingly don't feel anything.  I don't feel jubilant like I thought I would and I don't feel sad.  It just feels like another day. 🤷. Having a glass of vino though to celebrate/unwind. 🍷


Usual routine this morning and Oscar was at school with plenty of time to spare and we even had a little chat with some other parents about their holidays they were going on.  I felt a little bit jealous but only for half a second.  It all sounds like a bit too much hard work at the moment. 


I'd already agreed with Leo that Thursday was his last day.  I remembered that he really doesn't like surprises so we talked about it the night before.  Obviously he was very happy and asked if he could game all day.  That was a no, but he was okay with that.  He had his last teams meeting with his teacher and class mates and then that was it, done with junior school.

My camera is playing up. 😕

Karen popped in for a cuppa on the way home from her long walk to the uniform shop.  Think she needed a bit of a break from being at home, so we sat in the garden catching up.  Her flights have just been cancelled for her holiday but she's unable to get hold of the booking company to organise what to do! She doesn't know if she is going or not and the holiday is in 10 days. The company she needs to speak to have turned off their phones, the airline have said they can refund the tickets or rearrange for the following day, but Karen can't get hold of the hotel or the booking company to see if that works or not! Sounds like a right nightmare and I know she is having to constantly check her phone for an update.  I think we all know that feeling when we are desperately waiting for some good news!


Ah my Shauna Pops finished at her college today and won't be going back as she will be moving on to residential care at a new college in September.  I know the school has been amazing for her and the staff are incredibly kind and loving towards her.  It's so exciting that she is going on to new and exciting things but it's sad to leave too.  The school gave her some lovely presents and Lucy was a wreck as you can imagine!

Blanket




I popped to the shops this afternoon to take some stuff back to M&S, yes more clothes that I can't decide on, and then into Asda for some wrapping paper and a couple more bits for Rob's birthday.  Exciting huh!?


Right then, masks.  I have no issue with masks, I've worn one recently, but, the fact that I've been told I have to wear one or face getting a fine has for some reason upset me.  I still don't have a problem with the mask thing, I think it's the fact that the choice has been taken away.  Yet another sliver of freedom gone.  If it helps in the fight against Covid, and can get things back to normal, I'd wear one all day, everyday.  But still, it has had a strange effect on me.  Yes I know, I am strange anyway. 


I finished wrapping Rob's presents and then Ellis helped me to make his birthday banana loaf.  When I say helped, he lined the tin for me.  He does a great job of it though and is very particular, just like his Dad would be and it takes him ages.  We work well as a team though as by the time he has finished, I've made the mixture and cleared up! 😀. We used a different recipe this time, a Mary Berry Simple Cakes one from the internet.  Personally I think it was much better than the BBC one.  I still struggle to spell recipe so thank goodness for spellcheck. 😂


My nephew Jude is getting big! My sister sent me a couple of new pictures today.  She is pulling her hair out!  It must be really tough going with 5 kids and I know Owen is being particularly hard work at the moment.



Been tidying up my lists and putting them all on Google Tasks so that I can amend them easier, keep them all in one place and they are more organised.  I've managed to cross off a few items today which is always nice.  I've also added a ton more too. 😊


Up early tomorrow to go for long run before making cowboy toasties for Rob's b day.  When we were kids, I was 17 and he was 19, we went to Tenerife and used my mum and dad's timeshare for our first holiday abroad with a couple of friends from McDonalds, the local cafe served them and they are basically a BLT but with toasted bread and are yummy. 😋


It will be quite a food orientated day tomorrow.  Special breakfast and we are eating out for the first time since March!  I'm not worried about it from a virus point of view but more that it will be different and a bit strange.  I'm sure the boys will take it in their stride and it is my favourite place to eat, other than Wagammas.


That one glass of vino has gone straight to my head and made me rather sleepy so going to log off and head to bed with my book, which I won't be able to read as my eyes will be shut. 😴

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails