Wednesday 15 July 2020

Day 119 - 10 M

I'm sorry to start yet another blog entry talking about running but this time I need to log that this happened.  I went out usual time, planning on doing 7 miles, for the third day in a row I had a stitch which I just ignore and grimace through, did my normal route but on the way back I felt like going a little bit further.  Well that turned into quite a bit further and I ended up doing 10 miles in 1hr 24mins! I could have easily done more but I like the round number.  I'm not sure I want to go any further than that but it also feels a bit silly to not push that little bit extra to a half marathon distance, just to say I've done it.  Might add it to my bucket list. 😉


I didn't do JW obviously and no one had bothered to get their breakfast so I sorted all that out and then got the boys doing their school stuff.  I didn't end up making it fun for Oscar but he was happy and worked really well on his last day.👏


I did the usual of kicking the boys off screens at 2pm and they eventually go out.  Leo to the scooter park, Oscar goes around knocking on every door where there is someone he knows, inviting them to the park and Ellis sulks and moans until he takes off on his bike.


Ellis phoned me when he was out asking if it was okay to cycle to his Nan and Grandad's house.  I talked to Rob who said he was okay with it and Ellis had checked that they would actually be in and so he went.  He had a fab time! Mum is a feeder so he said he wasn't allowed to leave until he'd eaten half the kitchen and he got to play on their Xbox for a bit.  Mum and Dad weren't happy about him cycling home so Dad dropped him back just gone 8pm.  Thanks Dad and Mum. xxx


Oscar finished his last day of homeschooling! 🥳🎉  We also received his school report and it was amazing! We are so proud of him.  He's been promised some white chocolate.  🤩🤩🤩






Just me and Leo tomorrow which will hopefully be nice and calm.  I spent more time sitting with him today and that certainly helped and thankfully Oscar was in a good mood to just get on by himself. 👍


The last few years I've been going away with the Mummy Lot to Centre Parcs in September for a weekend of drinking, eating, making fires and rapids.  I love our weekends away but unfortunately this year we have had to cancel it which is really sad but I know there are worse things going on in the world.  I will blog our Marbs weekend which was one of the best holidays ever!


I will be so, so glad when this week is over.


Speaking of holidays, I've been looking to see if I can find accommodation in the summer holidays for a weekend away to Tenby or St Ives.  Can't find anything.  Not really looked for any length of time yet and will give it another go seriously once I've spoken to Rob about it, but would be nice to break up the summer holidays a bit.

Bucket list entries...

66.    Girly weekend in Marbs
67.    Half marathon
68.    Have a go at surfing
68.    Temple in Thailand
69.    Adopt a dog (don't tell the kids!)
70.    Zip line through a rain forest

Right then, onwards 💪

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails