Thursday 30 July 2020

Day 134 - Alone!

Wow it's a warm one today and going to be even hotter tomorrow!  The chlorine arrived for the pool and I put it in straight away but think it's going to take a couple of days to work.  Fingers crossed it hasn't gone too far. 🤞


I did the usual exercise, chores and shower routine first thing and then Lucy arrived.  She changed for the morning instead and we sat in the garden and had an undisturbed chat for a couple of hours which was lush!


After lunch I told the boys I was kicking them all out.  Rob is in the office and Ellis was meeting up with friends too.  I told him not to bring his mates back this time as I wanted some peace and quiet. 👍







I had an eating afternoon where you start but just don't know when to finish so raided the cupboards for a bit until I sat down to do this, feeling rather sick and annoyed with myself.  Ah well. 🤷


I rescued a lovely cricket from our garden today. 🦗


As you can probably guess the boys didn't actually stay away that long and although I got to start my book, I was disturbed quite quickly.  I got a couple of chores done instead.


So the decision was made to empty the pool, clean it, change the filters, rinse out the pipes and start again.  We have plenty of chlorine now and hopefully this time "we" will be able to maintain it better.  It takes ages to empty, clean and fill again so quite possibly won't be ready for tomorrow afternoon but I spent at least 2 hours getting the water out and wiping it round and trying to get it nearly sorted so that I can start filling it again in the morning.  My back is killing me.  It's just gone midnight and I've managed to sort the pool and put the kids to bed with my evening.  I've just necked a beer so could do with going to bed but really want to get the blog finished, so I'll try.💪




Where they to? - 30th July Vancouver

We went on a couple of beautiful scenic cruises today. At least, that's the way I'm trying to dress it up for Mush as, if the truth be known, the day was a bit of a farce. The capital of the province is a city called Victoria. Getting there from Downtown Vancouver involves getting a bus to the airport, changing there and getting a bus to Tsawwassen ferry terminal, getting a ferry to Vancouver Island and then getting a bus to Downtown Victoria. We were advised that the total journey time would be 4.5 hours. I'd assumed that the Tourist Information people were giving us a worst case scenario when they told us that so we set off just before 9 with the aim of getting to Victoria in time for a late lunch followed by a visit to the trumpeted Royal British Columbia Museum. Just over 6, yes 6, hours later, we arrived in Victoria.  The first thing we did was get lost but not on the epic scale of the last couple of occasions so it only cost us about 15 minutes or so. However, once we got our bearings, quenched our thirst and filled our bellies, it was nudging 4-o'clock. The museum was a 10 minute walk away, was due to close at 5PM and charges a fiver admission so, feeling pretty sorry for ourselves, we considered the facts. We had a 6 hour journey to make back to our accommodation.  We have a 5:30AM start the next day as we have a Greyhound bus journey to Banff, our next stop. With our new frugal spending, we couldn't really justify £10 for 50 minutes in a museum. It all pointed to one thing.  Get straight on the next bus back. Which is what we did. We were quite disappointed as the RBC museum is considered to be one of the best in North America and Victoria is a picturesque city that would have been nice to wander round. Still, I suppose we can say we've been there now.



The ferry crossings of the Georgia Strait were something of a high-point in the day's proceedings. With my record, or perhaps that should read my stomach's record, for travelling on boats, this was not something I was looking forward to, but, I needn't have worried. I saw my breakfast only once today and was even comfortable enough to read a book for part of the crossing.





The bus back to Downtown Vancouver was half-filled with lesbians on their way into town for the Pride Celebration this weekend. I am now able to confirm, once and for all, that they look absolutely bugger all like they do in the films. Sorry chaps.

We don't have a great deal else to report today. Looking forward to Banff, though. It is in the Rockies and, in that general direction, we can see what look to be snow-topped mountains despite the fact that it's breaking 30 degrees in the midday sun. We'll see tomorrow whether or not our eyes are deceiving us.

-----------

Boys have all been good today, Ellis is very late going to bed, he's still faffing up there now as I type this but Leo and Oscar are fast asleep after a late night for them too.



Plan for tomorrow is run, workout, sort pool and start it filling up, head to yard for visit and picnic, back home to chill for a bit.  Ellis didn't do dinner tonight so he has to do one tomorrow.👍


Right I'm done.  Snoozeville for me hopefully. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails