Tuesday 14 July 2020

Day 118 - Tough

Some days I just want to curl up in my bed and wake up when it's all over. When we have a working vaccine or for some strange reason Covid disappears as quickly as it arrived. I am done with the roller-coaster of emotions and thoughts about it all, as I'm sure most people are.


Ellis joined me for JW this morning which was really lovely and I didn't nag the boys to start school work until I was completely ready to give them my full attention.  It still didn't help though and about 45 minutes in I could have screamed and ran out the front door in tears.  I think I might need to just give up for now and give them a break.  It has been a long term and they're so over this homeschooling business.  Last week of term at school they wouldn't be doing any work anyway!  It's Oscar's last day of homeschooling tomorrow and I was hoping to make it a fun one, but not sure how yet 😃



Reducing screen time has gone well, so far, but I know it's only day one.  Leo and Oscar (who chooses his own outfits) have been out a lot and Ellis has been more sensible and willing to come off it when I say, although I did switch off the wifi at one point today as they were taking too long to switch off.




After lunch I had a shower and actually dried and straightened my hair for the first time in months, not weeks, months!  It is very thin and wispy and in need of a trim but I liked the new length.  Obviously I had to take a lot of pictures on Snapchat to capture the moment of having my hair done for a change.  Next time I might get the curling machine out and have a go at that.




I had one of those days where I didn't really know what to do with myself.  I pottered about doing the usual chores but I should have got my teeth into a big job so that I could tick it off of my to do list.  I'm planning on being more productive with my time tomorrow and getting something done. 💪. I did get up early, ran 5k, collected food shop and put it away, did everyone's breakfast, lunch, dinner, cleared up all the mess that gets left behind, JW workout, home schooled for a couple of hours, showered, did my hair, blogged, checked in with in-laws and mother and took lots of Snapchat pictures! 😂



Rob was in the office today and didn't arrive home until I was starting to put Oscar to bed around 8pm.  He wanted his dinner when he got in and sent me his Google Map location so that I could try and time it right.  Well I got a bit distracted making these...







I crack myself up sometimes. 😂. I did manage to get dinner done and Oscar in bed on time though. 👍



I've started to make a list of places to go or things to do in the summer holidays.  It's a bit tricker this year but not much really.  I'm going to do West Midlands Safari Park as we enjoy it there, some sort of beach trip, Pen y Fan, Glastonbury Tor, bike rides, crabbing, might book some ski lessons, no cinema but could do a home movie night, picnic by the airport and watch a few planes, different scooter parks, walks, canoeing maybe.  I don't know, just some ideas. 🤷



I don't really know what I'm doing.  Things feel all a bit strange suddenly and I don't know why.  Nothing has changed and I don't know what my thinking is, but I just feel different.  Maybe it's just PMT or the daunting prospect of Summer Holidays with not as much freedom to do things with the boys, or worrying about the screen time thing, I don't know and I can't put my finger on it.  Trying to work out what I need right now.  Switch off time, time alone, time with people other than the same 4 faces, to be productive, to do something different, to have a duvet day or just give myself a slap and snap out of it!? 🤔. I think I'm just a bit confused right now and I know it will pass.



I finally pressed order on the Hello Fresh website.  Thought I'd give it a go and just cancel it if it doesn't work out.  My plan is to get Ellis involved as it seems quite straightforward to do.  I'm not doing any future wife/husband any favours by not teaching him.  First box arrives Thursday week.


Bucket list entries...

56.    Go back to Vegas
57.    Grand Canyon
58.    Snow mobiles in Algonquin
59.    Snorkel on Great Barrier Reef
60.    See a wild turtle lay her eggs
61.    Stay on working ranch
62.    Shadow my friend who works in ER department
63.    Tour New Zealand
64.    Have a movie marathon
65.    Complete everything on my To Do list

Top 3 fav filter

Up early again tomorrow for my 7 mile run. 🏃  Not looking forward to it this week for some reason.  Oooh I'm in a right old funny head place.  Maybe it's the weather which is really moody when the forecast at the beginning of the week was sunny and warm! What happened to that? 😤 I'm not eggy, just not right, but I'm fine.  Ate too much crap again today so that doesn't help. 😏

Highlights from today I can't do because quite frankly it was a tough one, not in the big scheme of things obviously but I found it hard going for whatever reason.  Right that's enough of that, night folks x😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails